OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Shannon Kelly Call

Started by governor, July 10, 2022, 06:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

governor

Still looking for one if anyone has one they're willing to part with.

governor

I know there has to be someone out there with one they'll part with.

Old Gobbler

I'm most likely done making calls for the season ...but anything is possible so no promises

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Tom007

Quote from: governor on July 10, 2022, 06:55:10 PM
Still looking for one if anyone has one they're willing to part with.

I know it seems to be an insurmountable task to land one of these calls. I found my first one years ago on EBay, lucked out winning the bid. My chase for these calls never ends, I have been lucky enough to secure a few. Shannon has put up quite a few calls on this thread this past year, true hunters of push pins have been tenacious in landing them. My advice, stay at it, stay involved on the push pin threads and you will land one. They really are a work of art, but most of all they are "All Turkey". I wish you luck, and hope you land one soon, lord knows you won't be disappointed. Be well,
"Solo hunter"

governor

Thanks Tom007 but I'm beginning to think I've got a better chance of getting struck by lightning than finding one of these calls. I'll keep looking just the same

Tom007

Quote from: governor on July 20, 2022, 11:10:39 AM
Thanks Tom007 but I'm beginning to think I've got a better chance of getting struck by lightning than finding one of these calls. I'll keep looking just the same

You will prevail, stay the course my friend. Shannon wants all those who will "hunt" them, not just display or flip them to have one. You will get a chance, best of luck......
"Solo hunter"

governor

A few weeks ago I got a message from a member, who I will not name, asking if I was interested in one of Shannon's calls. He said he wanted $360 for it. I accepted the offer and sent him a check. I soon found out that he had just got the call from Shannon the Sunday before when they were put on this site. Two days later he messaged me saying he had an offer for $460, if I matched it I would get the call otherwise it would go to the higher bid. I didn't fall for it and he voided my check and sold the call that he paid $260 for the previous Sunday for $460. I respect Shannon for trying to get his calls in the hands of people who will use them and hand them down but this is a perfect example of people trying to profit on his craftsmanship. I'm just venting because this has really bothered me.

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: governor on July 21, 2022, 12:56:12 PM
A few weeks ago I got a message from a member, who I will not name, asking if I was interested in one of Shannon's calls. He said he wanted $360 for it. I accepted the offer and sent him a check. I soon found out that he had just got the call from Shannon the Sunday before when they were put on this site. Two days later he messaged me saying he had an offer for $460, if I matched it I would get the call otherwise it would go to the higher bid. I didn't fall for it and he voided my check and sold the call that he paid $260 for the previous Sunday for $460. I respect Shannon for trying to get his calls in the hands of people who will use them and hand them down but this is a perfect example of people trying to profit on his craftsmanship. I'm just venting because this has really bothered me.
Seeing as you accepted the offer, sent payment, and then had the seller renege on the deal after the check was in hand I think you should share the member so that the rest of us won't do business with them. That's the easiest way to cut out the BS. None of us want to deal with someone like that.

And that's exactly why Shannon moved away from the list model. Unfortunately I don't think there's any way around the call flippers unless the callmaker knows who they are and blacklists them (say what you want about him, but Cox been blacklisting folks for years who were purposefully flipping his calls for profit and rightfully so). Those guys are on every major list in callmaking, especially the yelper lists.

Hopefully you'll find a pushpin. They're great calls, and they are deserving of the premium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HookedonHooks

Shannon was very up front to those that bought his calls through his Sunday evening smash and grabs that if they didn't like the call or felt it wasn't for them they can return the call and be refunded no questions. It's different when there's a list involved, and a call you may have waited multiple years for, once you have that call it's yours to do so as you please in my opinion, but Shannon set this system up to eliminate that activity exclusively.

Totally disrespectful to the craftsman and a bit scummy to attempt to turn around and maximize profits off of the call so quickly. Selling at cost or trading is another thing in this situation, but why someone wouldn't just tell Shannon it's not for them is beyond me. It's easily more offensive to be profited off of than it would be to be respectfully told it's not for them after purchase.

The seller reneging on the original agreed upon deal is also a big no-no. That's not just a matter of changing his mind, that's downright bad business.

sbbow

Quote from: governor on July 21, 2022, 12:56:12 PM
I believe Shannon was upfront about no call flipping when these were going up. As far as the seller a o out of the deal after he got your check very BAD FOR BUSINESS an shouldn't b tolerated. It's up to you whether you say or don't say the the name but I think Shannon should know jmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

governor

I've already told Shannon who this POS is. I told the guy that I was raised " a deal is a deal" but obviously he wasn't raised that way. It is what it is.

JeffC

Sorry to hear that governor, I have had nothing but great outcomes dealing with members of this site. Keep after the Push-pin, it will happen. I also agree with Chester, name the guy that burned you, a deal is a deal. I or no one else want to be burned.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

gmbellew

bummer to hear about this. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a shot at one of these calls also. I'll just keep after it.

3bailey3

I noticed several calls went to people with very low post counts, I can bet it was one of them, not someone that has been on here for a long time! That really Sux's!!

Mathews.1

I agree with putting is name out there as well. Ask Shannon if he would mind you letting is name be known so he can't sell sh!t anymore to anyone else.