OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

First time turning delrin

Started by callmakerman, June 26, 2022, 11:24:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

callmakerman

I've had a piece of delrin sitting in the garage for some time now so I decided to give it a go. First thought is how nice it turns once you get used to the ribbons coming off as you turn it down. Second is this stuff smells like hell but does finish up very nice. The call I made is a slate over aluminum and man does it sound nice. Sharpe cuts and clucks with hen talk that starts a little high to finish with just the right amount of rasp. Paired it with my red dymondwood striker. Great combo. Thanx for the look. 

Hoot 000

Beards and Hooks

Interesting Bill, I ain't a wood guru but never heard of that wood. Where is it native? That isn't a wood is it

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

ChesterCopperpot

I want it! Everything you're posting lately, Bill, is torture! I want this and I want that micarta striker! Would really love delrin and glass to tote with the carbon tip striker I got from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3bailey3

Bedge7767

Jim

Wvgobbler

Greg Massey

Interesting looking pot call, i bet it has a very unique sound ... I agree i would like to hear it myself..

310 gauge

Haha!  "smells like hell'' but you're " paying the cost to be the Boss" and that's what makes your calls super primo!!! Love 'em!

PalmettoRon

sbbow

Very nice an no doubt it's full of turkey !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

callmakerman

Thanx for the kind replies. If I had even the slightest idea as to how to do a sound file, I would give it a try. Messed with it sometime back and gave up. This one will hunt this fall. I hate when turn them after the season has closed and can't hunt them right away.

3bailey3

callmakerman

Quote from: 3bailey3 on June 26, 2022, 07:18:02 PM
I bet it is nasty good!!
I think when it cools down, I'll turn one for a double slate.

Wvgobbler

Bill that's why it's so unseasonably hot where I live in West Virginia... Your up in New York making all them smoking hot pots and the heat of them is coming down here Lol!!!