turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New turkey gun has arrived

Started by lunghit, June 14, 2022, 03:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lunghit

My new Winchester SX4 20 gauge in M.O. Bottomland has arrived. Finally found one with a 24" barrel and I just installed the new FF3 and Meadow Creek mount. Might wait for some cooler weather before I pattern her with some Apex TSS and a few different chokes.

"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

PharmHunter

runngun

That is a good looking gun!!! I really like it. Let us know how it shoots.

Have a good one
Bo

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

fishr64

TurkeyReaper69

Good looking gun, I'm a 12 gauge guy myself. But theres one thing we will agree on. Wayyy too hot to be out patterning guns right now. Hitting 100 degrees in my neck of the woods the past 2 days

Greg Massey

lunghit

Quote from: TurkeyReaper69 on June 15, 2022, 10:10:57 AM
Good looking gun, I'm a 12 gauge guy myself. But theres one thing we will agree on. Wayyy too hot to be out patterning guns right now. Hitting 100 degrees in my neck of the woods the past 2 days
Thanks. Yea I might even wait for the fall before I take a shot with this gun. Plus I'm waiting on my state to possibly legalize number 9 shot for turkey so I want to know what to sight in with. That new law will either pass or fail this fall so I might as well wait and find out.

lunghit

Got the whole SX family together for a pic.

Tom007

I am glad I am not the only one with the Turkey gun disease. Fine looking collection there!
"Solo hunter"

lunghit

Quote from: Tom007 on June 16, 2022, 08:01:33 PM
I am glad I am not the only one with the Turkey gun disease. Fine looking collection there!
No you're not the only one. I enjoy putting them together and trying different chokes and loads. I am done now though I swear lol.

Tom007

Quote from: lunghit on June 17, 2022, 05:33:16 AM
No you're not the only one. I enjoy putting them together and trying different chokes and loads. I am done now though I swear lol.

You know what happened when Pinocchio told a fib......lol
"Solo hunter"

lunghit

Quote from: Tom007 on June 17, 2022, 07:40:16 AM

Lol I know. An over and under sometimes temps me but I love autos. The only other gun I might look into is the mossberg pro turkey only if they make a 20 gauge. But this new SX4 has everything I want in a gun. I was going to wait to pattern in the fall but I don't think I can hold off lol.

RED NECK

Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Tom007

Quote from: lunghit on June 17, 2022, 03:59:33 PM
Quote from: Tom007 on June 17, 2022, 07:40:16 AM

Lol I know. An over and under sometimes temps me but I love autos. The only other gun I might look into is the mossberg pro turkey only if they make a 20 gauge. But this new SX4 has everything I want in a gun. I was going to wait to pattern in the fall but I don't think I can hold off lol.

Can't wait to see the results. P.S. You will love an over-under..... :help:

"Solo hunter"