Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Cat Herding...2023

Started by GobbleNut, January 05, 2023, 08:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

Well, we've rounded the curve and are headed into the home stretch for the 2023 season.  Our ragtag group thrown together to have some fun last spring succeeded not only in doing that but also surprised everyone by actually coming in first place in the contest.  One can only assume that miracle was the result of members of the other teams all having an off year.   ;D

So, the big question is...are we going to reassemble the team and try to defend our tenuous grip on the crown? 

Assuming for a moment that we might, I suppose it may be a good idea to find out who on the team is playing again,...and conversely, who was embarrassed enough by associating with some of our more notorious team members to want to step away and hope nobody remembers that they were on the 2022 GOATS?  :toothy9:

In short, are we playing again...and who is in or out?...  :newmascot: 

Happy

Questions,

1. Are you willing to be the whipping boy/captain?
2. Are we going to take it as seriously as last year?
3. Is the rest of our distinguished crew going to join in?
I am sure I can think of some more questions but thats what comes to mind at the moment

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

GobbleNut

Quote from: Happy on January 05, 2023, 12:05:41 PM
Questions,

1. Are you willing to be the whipping boy/captain?
2. Are we going to take it as seriously as last year?
3. Is the rest of our distinguished crew going to join in?
I am sure I can think of some more questions but thats what comes to mind at the moment

1.  Although it is a monumental task to keep all of you guys in line, and even though I am admittedly the least qualified member of the squad to take on the extremely complex responsibilities of captainhood, I would do it again just to be able to hang with the gang,...assuming someone more highly qualified does not want to step in to demonstrate how a REAL captain leads the team. 

2.  Naturally, I would expect the team members to continue the same level of trash talking demonstrated so ably last spring, and perhaps even step it up a bit since we somehow stumbled our way to victory in the contest.  Simply put, if we can't have fun needling the other teams all spring, what is the point of having a contest at all?

3.  I'm not sure if you would describe our crew as "distinguished" or "extinguished", but I would hope everybody signs up again. We'll see who is willing to risk their reputations by associating with this bunch again.  Hopefully, everybody is doing well, wants to play again, and will report in before long.    :icon_thumright:

reflexl

I am in! You need someone that sets around all day long thinking up tasteful insults that we can use without getting banned!

Happy

Oh, what the heck, sign me up. However, I will make it known right now that I checked my virtual trophy case the other day, and it is packed full. I just don't know what I would do with another trophy. Also, i checked last years body of work and realized that I contributed two gobblers to last year's effort. This buys me a free year in my book. However, if I try really hard, I feel that maybe I can luck into a jake. Besides, I was only ever asked to be on the team because of my exceptionally good looks and suave demeanor. I still feel fairly confident I can carry the torch in that department. Heck, with a little luck, maybe that zebco 33 guy and his team can stumble over the trophy and claim it. That or the retiree group known as Gums and hopefuls might accidentally hit a few on the road and take the virtual crown. Either way, it would be nice if I didn't have to remodel my trophy case.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

West Augusta

I'm in but don't expect me to match my bird from last year.  That was a once in a lifetime gobbler.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Paulmyr

I'd be willing to step in and take some abuse if one of the team members drops out.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

randy6471

I'm in. Last year I enjoyed the banter and looked forward to the pics, updates and stories.

Plus....I learned a ton about oatmeal creme pies and hunting sabbaticals!

GobbleNut

Time is getting short, fellers.  Those we haven't heard from (about half of the team) need to check in and let us know if you are playing again this spring or not.   :icon_thumright: