turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

If you prefer no handle.....

Started by Tarheel, July 21, 2022, 05:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarheel

I've had several people tell me they didn't like the handle on a Turpin style hen box.  The regular Turpin style box pictured here has the Turpin Long Box body without the handle.  The box is made from a walnut gunstock blank I purchased from Oregon or Washington state....I forget which state...I can look it up later.  The paddle lid is made from Honduras rosewood.  This is a fine sounding Turpin style box call....

I posted a sound file of this call on Facebook Sound File Central and some other turkey focused websites. Within a few minutes it sold.  I'll have to admit posting a sound file sure does generate activity.

Yoder409

That is a FINE looking caller, sir !!!!!!!     :icon_thumright:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tarheel

Thank you! It's a really nice sounding box call. 

LabsRUsII

Good looking call

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Custom Call Maker
Turkey Calls- Trumpets, Tubes, Pots, Boxes
Duck Calls and whistles
Exotic woods

Greg Massey

turkey stew

I really like that turpin box! I bet she sings.

wchadw

I heard your soundfile. Great sounding box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tarheel

As most can see, I'm not the most adept at running a box call, but the turkeys aren't that critical....thank goodness!!! Fortunately, the boxes sell themselves....LOL!!!

Tarheel

I just have 4 teak regular Turpin style boxes remaining for sale.  Later this week I will be posting a sound file video on Facebook.