OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Hunter magazine

Started by turkeyhuntermag, May 20, 2022, 04:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleGitr

Gary Stover where are the refunds promised? I bought several gift subscriptions and was told I'd be refunded for the half of the year I didn't receive a magazine.

GobbleNut

I hope those that paid for the magazine get their money back...and I was also hoping the magazine would succeed.  Further, I hope the guy's intentions were good to begin with, but it is clear he did not have his "ducks in a row".  But, as one who is old enough to have seen several turkey-hunting-specific magazines come and go, I was skeptical about it from the get-go.  Dreams and good intentions will only get you so far.  The customer base for these kinds of endeavors just doesn't seem to be there. 

madstrutter

No one got their money back. He won't respond to calls or texts. There was even a Facebook post when he shut it down with piles of people telling him to keep their money.

Turkeybutt

Like Gobblenut I was skeptical about it from the get-go. I sat back and waited and I'm glad I did!
Lets be honest, do you really need a " Turkey Magazine" filled with very few articles and a bunch of advertisements when you have the best information you can get from some of the best turkey hunters in the country right here on this forum! 
It may have been a " Good Read" but here I can PM any one of these guys and any one of them is anyways willing to help.
There's very little politics here, some humor, a lot of camaraderie and no matter who you are or how long you been hunting turkeys you can always learn something.
This is my Turkey Hunting Magazine!

jhoward11

Quote from: Turkeybutt on March 15, 2024, 03:42:39 AM
Like Gobblenut I was skeptical about it from the get-go. I sat back and waited and I'm glad I did!
Lets be honest, do you really need a " Turkey Magazine" filled with very few articles and a bunch of advertisements when you have the best information you can get from some of the best turkey hunters in the country right here on this forum! 
It may have been a " Good Read" but here I can PM any one of these guys and any one of them is anyways willing to help.
There's very little politics here, some humor, a lot of camaraderie and no matter who you are or how long you been hunting turkeys you can always learn something.
This is my Turkey Hunting Magazine!
Amen Turkeybutt

Mossberg90MN

Yea I think I got something like 2 magazines that never really were all that great. I was just happy to be receiving a Turkey magazine.

I have also just forgotten about the money. Like others have said I think it was $35??

Whatever.. it's been 2 years haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk