Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Score with No Score

Started by TKE921, April 26, 2022, 09:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TKE921

Well...  I finally connected on a bird Sunday morning @ 640am.  I will add to this post and type a little of the story later.  The end of the story, the part that matters for us anyway, goes like this. My hunting buddy forgot I do this forum competition so my bird was disassembled before I got to take the necessary pictures and measurements.  He was apparently very excited to have fresh turkey and morels for lunch.

Oh well....I still have a total of 4 weeks left to hunt in VA and WV.  :funnyturkey:

FullChoke

Did you have fun? Fuhgeddabotit. Go get a bigger one.

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

TKE921

The short version of the story is I had 2 birds screaming and coming in to me 90 degrees from each other.  One bird was over a hill so I couldn't see him and the other was slightly farther away, through some thick stuff.  I decided the hill bird was closer so I turned his direction and let out a few calls and hoped he made an appearance before the bird to my side busted me big time.  It worked out well and was definitely a fun hunt.   All in all this has been the slowest season for me in a decade.  Very little gobbling and most of what I have heard so far has been far away.

zelmo1

Room for a bigger bird on the board bro, no worries. I was very eager to the fryer when I was a young man as well, lol.  :drool: