OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wild turkey stamp

Started by nativeks, April 20, 2022, 10:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Frontier Hunter

It's kinda working in the same way the federal duck stamp. I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to make it mandatory for turkey hunting too. It could be just a state run deal so it's doesn't have the FEDS grasp on it.

the Ward

Rapscallion Vermilion

Fine concept, but what's with the $4.95 shipping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dublelung

Quote from: the Ward on April 20, 2022, 10:25:45 AM
No, just no.

Curious as to why you'd be opposed if all the money went to turkey conservation/research?

JeffC

I contributed to the stamp, bought 2, turkeys need all the help they can get.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

troutfisher13111

Quote from: JeffC on April 20, 2022, 12:20:05 PM
I contributed to the stamp, bought 2, turkeys need all the help they can get.
My thoughts too, I bought one

the Ward

Quote from: dublelung on April 20, 2022, 12:10:01 PM
No, just no.

Curious as to why you'd be opposed if all the money went to turkey conservation/research?
I was just responding to the idea of a federal stamp. Throwing money to the government to solve a problem
just makes it more expensive to solve. And they have a vested interest in never solving it, so they can keep raising
the fee to purchase the stamp, to keep the money coming in to be wasted on everything but what the money is supposed
to go to.Have you followed the cost increase of duck stamps over the last 35 years? I am all for funding for wildlife if the money
is used wisely, sadly it often is not. I have seen big cost increases in my own state, as well as a decrease in hunting opportunities.
I am not seeing a beneficial cost vs result, at least not where i hunt, and this does not mean strictly turkey, but waterfowl as well.

2flyfish4

Quote from: the Ward on April 20, 2022, 01:13:40 PM
Quote from: dublelung on April 20, 2022, 12:10:01 PM
No, just no.

I was just responding to the idea of a federal stamp. Throwing money to the government to solve a problem
just makes it more expensive to solve. And they have a vested interest in never solving it, so they can keep raising
the fee to purchase the stamp, to keep the money coming in to be wasted on everything but what the money is supposed
to go to.Have you followed the cost increase of duck stamps over the last 35 years? I am all for funding for wildlife if the money
is used wisely, sadly it often is not. I have seen big cost increases in my own state, as well as a decrease in hunting opportunities.
I am not seeing a beneficial cost vs result, at least not where i hunt, and this does not mean strictly turkey, but waterfowl as well.

Lots of truth there. I wish the problem was as easy as throwing some money at it and the turkey populations would rebound.

soILstrutter

I think the fact that it is Mossy Oak, a non-government entity, makes it that much more of a great cause to support. I would much rather have my dollars directly supporting research and biologists than my wonderful state taking their fair share of it and  then allocating the rest.

runngun

Absolutely a great idea! And I will be buying a couple!

Have a good one
          Bo

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

GobbleGitr

This is the standard by which how funds ought to be managed and distributed...none of the organizational or federal skimming and scheming.  I bought extras, am going to give them to my landowners for Christmas, the art on the stamp is great, and for sure sends message I am there to do more than kill a turkey

Number17

Put it in a collector card case because it will fetch $100 or more in a few years if this catches on.
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

RiverRoost

Thinking about getting a couple and having them put into a glass pot call. Any ideas who would be a good call maker to send them to?

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: RiverRoost on April 21, 2022, 10:02:03 AM
Thinking about getting a couple and having them put into a glass pot call. Any ideas who would be a good call maker to send them to?
I'd bet most any callmaker would be happy to do that for you. Great idea.