OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester SXP Longbeard 20 GA trigger...7 to 8 lbs

Started by Bucktweet, May 19, 2022, 06:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucktweet

I love this gun.  It's just what I wanted but why in the world would a gun manufacturer make a dedicated turkey gun and set the trigger at 7 plus lbs???  Sometimes it registers 7 plus and sometimes it doesn't even pull at 8

How much should I expect to pay for a trigger job and what would be a good weight to set it at?  3 3/4 lbs?

Thanks for any advice given

tracker#1

I have that gun in a !2 gauge, Yes, the trigger is awful, will be sending it out for trigger work...

RED NECK

You must have got a bad one, my first 20 gauge sxp longbeard was horrible, I had a gunsmith work on it, it was a lot better but I still sold gun. I have since purchased 2 more in 20 gauge,one in obsession and one in break up country, and a 12 gauge version in obsesssion, the 12 and the 20 in break up, the triggers are fine, Ill find out tomorrow about the new 20 gauge in obsession, I feel your pain with trigger, I am not sure what the cost would be as I had mine done for free, from the man as I know him personally and he didn't charge me.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Bucktweet

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on May 19, 2022, 07:24:56 PM
You must have got a bad one, my first 20 gauge sxp longbeard was horrible, I had a gunsmith work on it, it was a lot better but I still sold gun. I have since purchased 2 more in 20 gauge,one in obsession and one in break up country, and a 12 gauge version in obsesssion, the 12 and the 20 in break up, the triggers are fine, Ill find out tomorrow about the new 20 gauge in obsession, I feel your pain with trigger, I am not sure what the cost would be as I had mine done for free, from the man as I know him personally and he didn't charge me.

What did you set it to?

RED NECK

I don't know the precise weight,It was very nice compared to the pos 30 lbs it was at, all I know is they are a pain to work on and it is common issue on the sxp triggers, It is a hit or miss, even at their best, they are just average triggers, the difference on mine was night and day, and my others are just another normal shotgun trigger.

I have only ever had 2 bad triggers on over 70ish shotguns, the first sxp 20 gauge and a weatherby sa 459 12 gauge that my father bought earlier this spring,but it was fixed as well, it was worse than my sxp 20, and thats is saying a lot.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........