turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Strikers

Started by Bottomland, April 12, 2022, 10:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bottomland

Who out there makes some good strikers with flared tips? Want to get a assortment of 5 or 6 in different woods.

Who do y'all suggest that makes some cool ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spurs2bgobblin

Jeff Harrison at JLH Strikers is your guy. If I had to pick one maker he'd be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"In the South it's an understanding. To a turkey hunter, it's a life not subject to change. They know it's crazy. But to them, to us, it's worth it."

mmclain

Tyoung

I'll second the JLH strikers.

Les C

JLH. Jeff is a great guy to deal with.

MDTOM84

Wvgobbler

JLH makes very good strikers.

Big Jeremy

JLH, Neal Herrman, Stuckey, Fowler, Wendell Rye. Plenty of others make great strikers, but these are my favorites.

BTH

JLH, Fred Cox and David Halloran would be my pick.

Really like Bill Lyman's strikers, they are in a class by themselves imo.

Phil 4:13

EZ

A few more Bill Lyman killers:

Frogwood, ABW, Ipe and hickory:

greentrout

Bill's hickory is special in my opinion. 1/2 of the equation on both of my birds so far this season. I have his tulipwood that really makes one of my calls sing as well. I really hope to add more of his work to my bag in the future!
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

Beards and Hooks

Bill Lyman's are my favorite, also like Wendell Rye, Stuckey, Neal Hermans, Fowlers, Ray Tompkins of the top of my head.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

turkey22

Anyone have contact info for Bill Lyman?

GregBFL

I received a couple JLH Strikers from Mr. Harrison in the mail today. One is Frogwood and the other Canary. They are awesome.

Sir-diealot

In no particular order: Stuckey, Neal, JLH, David Halloran (I love with his one piece Ipe), Bill Lyman.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."