OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stoeger M3000 Pattern Opinions

Started by kingofspringmi, April 11, 2022, 05:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingofspringmi

I went out and patterned my Stoeger M3000 for the first time today. Here's the set up:

Long Beard XR 3" #5's 1 3/4 oz

Trulock Long Beard XR #5 .660 choke

12 ga. Stoeger M3000

Photos are patterns from 20 yds and 40 yds

g8rvet

Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

mountainhunter1

Quote from: kingofspringmi on April 11, 2022, 05:20:18 PM
I went out and patterned my Stoeger M3000 for the first time today. Here's the set up:

Long Beard XR 3" #5's 1 3/4 oz

Trulock Long Beard XR #5 .660 choke

12 ga. Stoeger M3000

Photos are patterns from 20 yds and 40 yds

I have an 870 12 gauge that shoots LB #5's in almost identical fashion. I have never lost a bird with that shell as the five's have plenty of knockdown. Your pattern will definitely kill as it as it had around 13-14 on the brain/spine already, but I counted your pellets, and just wondered if you have a scope or red dot and have the option to maybe drop that pattern ONE click down at forty yards? If I counted it right, you will pick up right at an additional 35-36 pellets in the ten circle by doing so. If you don't have sights on your gun, you could just aim at the bottom of his waddles and get about the same effect.

Thanks for sharing. Love to see some guys still shooting lead, and the LB's are a darn good load to carry in the woods.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

ChesterCopperpot

Great patterns! If you've got a sight I'd drop it down a fuzz. If you're shooting a bead I'd just hold a mite lower. Either way you're most likely good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingofspringmi

I shoot with a bead. I've never used a turkey choke until this year and so at 40 yards (my first shot of patterning) I aimed where I usually used to aim, right below the eye. I can definitely drop my aim a little like y'all said. I appreciate the suggestions!