Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Some equipment for this season

Started by reflexl, March 08, 2022, 07:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy

Well I just picked up an old tom time and motion easy rider vest. Not wild about the material used but it doesn't seem too cumbersome. May use it when the weather warms up and just give one of my buddy's thats just getting into turkey hunting my cabelas vest.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: Happy on April 06, 2022, 09:00:19 PM
Well I just picked up an old tom time and motion easy rider vest. Not wild about the material used but it doesn't seem too cumbersome. May use it when the weather warms up and just give one of my buddy's thats just getting into turkey hunting my cabelas vest.

I've been using an Easy Rider vest for a couple of years now and am reasonably happy with it - seems better laid out than my older Ol Tom vest and the shoulder straps are a nice improvement. The Easy Rider borrowed a lot of ideas from the Bob Dixon vest. Wish the seat cushion magnet on mine was a bit stronger. 

Only really new thing for me this year, other than a couple of new trumpets, is a new pair of boots.  Retiring my Danners after 10 years and bought a pair of Crispi boots because that's what the cool kids are wearing and they are a lot lighter than my Danners.  Really like them so far, but I'll have a much better assessment after I get back to New Mexico in a couple of weeks. 

randy6471

I bought a TideWe vest this year. It's pretty similar to the Cabela's Tactical Tat'r, but it has a frame like the Alps vest. I didn't particularly care for the frame, so I just took it off.
I tried it out a couple weeks ago in Florida and one thing that I did really like about it is the thick seat cushion and padding in the back. It's comfortable even when staying set up for a long time. Pockets are not great, but they work. It is definitely a little heavy, so by the time I got it loaded with all the "stuff" that I think I need to haul around....it is very heavy.

Years ago my first vest was one of those old 10x/NWTF model and for a few years I thought that it was pretty awesome. Over the years I've tried many different ones and honestly I just gave up a looking for the perfect vest. As long as it holds my gear pretty organized and is fairly comfortable...that's about all I expect.