Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Flood Gates are Opening!!

Started by JeffC, April 06, 2022, 07:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spellnj3

Went out by myself this morning and didn't hear a peep.   Disappeared in one spot.   Hopefully temporarily
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Muzzy61

HillclimberWV

Went back into the same area that i found sign on saturday. Never heard a gobble. I did yelp in a solo hen to 25 yards. Between her and i yapping back and forth i thought for sure a gobbler would fire up but no such luck.
I got to see some new country and didn't loose anything so all in all it was a good trip.

austinc

Killed one this morning,  text book hunt and he was dead less than 5 minutes after flying down. I'll get the size details later

JeffC

Awesome job austinc,  was this a bird you roosted last nite? Looking forward to the pictures!! Congrats again!!Feel free to start a sperate thread for your story, any questions or problems, send me a PM and I can send my phone #.

HillclimberWV

Spellnj3

Muzzy61

lacire

Congratulations on todays hunt, looking forward to your story.  :popcorn:

JeffC

austinc, remember you have to post all required photos by next Sunday, 4-17 to have your Tom entered. Please PM or reach out on here if your having troubles. 

JeffC

So the cold finally left us here on the east coast!! 2 days in the 80's here in Maryland, the guys in VA and WVA should be getting some fired up gobblers ?? Getting close for me, keep posting up progress guys.  :turkey2:

austinc

I killed a second bird this morning In another state on our way home. It's a bigger bord, longer spurs and beard, but I completely forgot about weighing them ??????? I'll be home tonight and get the pics taken to enter the bigger bird.

Spellnj3

Muzzy61

Quote from: austinc on April 15, 2022, 05:19:09 PM
I killed a second bird this morning In another state on our way home. It's a bigger bord, longer spurs and beard, but I completely forgot about weighing them ??????? I'll be home tonight and get the pics taken to enter the bigger bird.

Congrats! Good job

HillclimberWV

Quote from: austinc on April 15, 2022, 05:19:09 PM
Did you get a chance to score either bird yet? Congrats sounds like you had s good trip.