OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite Box Call for $100 or less?

Started by BDeal, March 28, 2022, 01:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDeal

Looking for a reasonably priced box call. I've looked at some customs that were $200 plus and really didn't realize they were that much previously. I have a bunch of custom pot calls and don't use a box all that often and definitely wont be spending more than $100 (preferable much less) on one. That said, can you turkey talkers recommend a winner that fits my criteria?

Thank You!!

ChesterCopperpot

Mike at [mention]Spring Creek Calls [/mention]makes a hell of a good entry level field grade box. You can message him on here. Great calls. And always some great wood choices. No frills. Just kills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

TauntoHawk

SS custom field grade or a used from the classified is the first that comes to mind

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

wolfman

Spring Creek
Grand Slam Turkey Calls (Fred Cox)

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Yoder409

There's also some good, vintage production calls that can be had on eBay or elsewhere for under $100.

Lynch World Champion (Liberty, Miss)

Lynch Foolproof (Liberty , Miss)

I.L. Ashby

Quaker Boy Grand Old Master

Quaker Boy paddle calls
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

HillclimberWV

Another vote for spring creek. Very nice guy and super easy to deal with. Very responsive if you pm him.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

btomlin

Spring Creek.  Heckuva box call for $65.  My bloodwood over cedar is great. 

Happy hooker

Tony quarino  makes a nice easy playing great sounding one sided for $70 maybe his price went up but I'm guessing not much

paboxcall

Quote from: Yoder409 on March 28, 2022, 06:57:40 PM
There's also some good, vintage production calls that can be had on eBay or elsewhere for under $100.

Lynch World Champion (Liberty, Miss)
Lynch Foolproof (Liberty , Miss)
I.L. Ashby
Quaker Boy Grand Old Master
Quaker Boy paddle calls

I'd add a Rohm Brothers box to that list above.

Spring Creek is a terrific box builder. I'd start there.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

aclawrence

If you're close to Georgia Mr. Lonnie Mabry is a great option. I really like my long box I got from him.

tracker#1

X2 on Lonnie Mabry...Walnut/Mineral Poplar

sbbow

Jeff White