Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

two more weeks

Started by reflexl, March 31, 2022, 09:10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

Still a couple of weeks to go. Hopefully Kevin the turkey will show up. I am being serious for once. I am on a bird that is a potential world record. This makes 4 years if he is still alive. He has nearly driven me insane but in a good way. This bird is over 30 lbs, has a bear that is now close to 15" and his spurs are way over 2" . I have been under 30 yards from him in my Rodeo with some really good binoculars. I have had the Patterson spurs in my hands and I believe these are longer. I have killed some monstrous birds over 28lbs and there is no question this bird is bigger. He torments me by staying across a fence on no mans land. I can call him up to it but he isn't coming any closer. This year I can shoot across the fence. I have killed 9 birds out of his stomping grounds during the time I have tried to get him. I even watched him  strutting in front of one of my ground net blinds from 700 yards away. I killed one of his running mates that he dwarfed and that bird is in the top 25 ever killed by muzzleloader. I am counting down the days.

crow

A big part of me really wants to believe you, but I'm cautious.

If you go after Kevin with a muzzleloader best take a buddy or a .44 Blackhawk strapped across your chest,
someone has to be left to tell your tale

reflexl

This is actually true. I am thinking of carrying 2 muzzleloaders for a quick follow up.