turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Who else has helped a fellow hunter

Started by Lcmacd 58, April 13, 2024, 10:22:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranman

I am fortunate to have access to quite a bit of private land, so I will often take close friend and their kids. I don't mind sharing some of my places, but I don't always give up my honey-holes.. my favorite hunt to date was my son's first harvest.

I think you did the right thing. Now you will have to see how much he appreciated your gesture.

outdoorguy3

Quote from: Tom007 on April 13, 2024, 11:52:07 AMNice gesture, I have helped several in the turkey woods. I think it's why we are all here................

Agreed.  Help them and show them the correct way to do things!

Ralph

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

MK M GOBL

I have done this since day one of my time Turkey Hunting and the number of birds I have helped others get far exceeds my own number, through the last 33 years and Learn to Hunts, Youth Hunts, Mentored Hunts, Charity Hunts, and then hunting with Friends and others it all adds up. I normally always take them to my spots as I have birds scouted out already. Seasonally I will have 20-25 Toms scouted over the properties I hunt both on Public and Private, even some of those I meet through work, and my "Turkey University" Seminar Series I have given people tips on where to go on public lands I know where it holds birds.

MK M GOBL

compton30

I'm happy to help other people and love being there for anyone's first gobbler, but it'll be on their dirt.

My brother and his boy don't get to go as much as we all would like (I loathe baseball), so before season when I'm scouting, I have them in mind. Which is perfectly okay with me, because I love them and they know the game. A secret will stay a secret.

1iagobblergetter

I commend people that do,but about as far as i go is helping them with techniques,what equipment,calls to buy,etc...Id go with them on their spots to help,but i really dont want them hunting my farm when im not or my neighbors ive hunted for decades and let rent mine for farming.
My nieces son keeps asking if he can hunt mine and i dont let him since i know he likes a entourage.....Plenty of public ground alot closer to him.. ;D
Ive had it happen where you cave for one and pretty soon its more...

Lcmacd 58

For years I was very secretive of all my hunting and fishing spots.  Now as I get alot older and grayer I have enjoyed showing  several young people the little bit I do know. Passing along my little bit of knowledge is like Passing the torch. Its all public land so I do what I can.