Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Our Reps Are On The Line!!

Started by GobbleNut, March 09, 2022, 10:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy

. I figured you lost it in a poker game. It's ok, I figured the team was gonna get the short end of the stick on that one so I didn't target any gobblers near large bodies of water.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

guesswho

Quote from: GobbleNut on May 04, 2022, 10:57:22 PM
I think our boat sank a couple of months ago,...just a day or two after I was put at the helm.   :toothy9:
...I suppose I should have mentioned that my most recent captaining job was on the Titanic...   :angel9:
I thought the Captain was supposed to go down with the ship.  That was the whole purpose of The Floating Goat.   Now we don't have a ship and still have a Captain. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

crow

guesswho

A 2" spur, you pass.   On the gobblermatic scoring gadget you enter each one of those spurs as 2.00 :icon_thumright:
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

crow

LOL, 2" would be great, but unfortunately thats the centimeter or metric or Celsius side of the tape measure,

in real life it is a 13/16th spur going over the curve.

the guy at the phone store was kind of busy

Happy

Crow asked if I could post this up for him

crow

Thanks Happy,

This is one of "Guess Who's" cane yelpers
My enlarged picture of it with the gobbler kind of distorted it's good looks

This is one fine call in both looks and performance, draws air as easy and sounds as good as any trumpet or yelper I have ran, it is a key Keeing machine.

only call used for this gobbler with a little leaf scratching thrown in at the very end, when I couldn't control myself.

crow

And before anybody pokes fun at my little gobbler, this was a 30lb turkey at the beginning of the season,
I have ran him ragged since opening day, not giving him much chance to eat. Pushed him out of his native swamps and up into the highlands, this is how his 1.75" plus spurs came to be worn down so bad.

At the end he was pushed so high up to where there's not much for a turkey to eat, I cut his crawl open and it was full of grizzly hair and what I took to be some wolverine fur, He was a scrapper.

Happy

Geez crow, I hope you used #5 tss to kill him. Anything smaller might have just made him mad

guesswho

Yep, Grizzly hair and wolverine fur don't provide much protein.   I wish you could have caught up with him early season.   But then again, it may have been for the best.   He may have had you laid out taking pictures and measurements with that tape.   At least it's a metric tape.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

crow

I'm not saying he wore me down, but I'm 27, before the season I  had brown hair and not a wrinkle on me. I was also much better looking than "Happy"

Happy

Your turkey may have weighed 45 pounds plucked and may have beaten Bigfoot with one wing. All that was believable up until that point about being better looking. My momma has called me special my whole life. You don't get that honor being average looking. Or that's what I have been told. But hey the picture posting seems to be working now! I wish I had t seen it though.

crow

crow

Got a nice one this morning, not as nice as the mossy sabbatical but should be an up grade from the 1st one

Happy

Congrats Crow!