Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Our Reps Are On The Line!!

Started by GobbleNut, March 09, 2022, 10:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

For some unknown reason, everybody on the OG forum seems to think I am a gullible old GOAT because I seem to get into these little side challenges every year.  Zelmo1 (Al) from the Roarin' 20's challenged us to a little side bet on which of our two teams does the best in the contest.  He offered one of his famous pot calls and I told him each member of our team would put up $100 bucks as our part of the deal.  Hope that is okay with everybody....

(Not really,...I agreed to make their team a dozen mouth calls if lightning strikes and we lose) 

Nonetheless, the situation has now gotten serious and you boyz is gonna have to get your sh*t together and win this thing!  The GOATS! honor has been challenged and deefeets is not acceptable! 

If nothing else, I expect everybody to raid their team thread with whatever smack talk comes to mind.  It is high time we teach them a lesson about gettin' all up in the GOATS! faces thinking they can challenge us!  A beat-down is on the menu!  (Don't let me down now fellers...   ;D

Happy

I like you confidence but I am concerned with your judgement.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

GobbleNut

Quote from: Happy on March 10, 2022, 08:34:10 AM
I like you confidence but I am concerned with your judgement.

;D  I would have thought you would have been well aware of my suspect judgement by now!   :D

randy6471

I'm usually a "fly under the radar" kinda guy, especially when it comes to turkey hunting...so I guess owe you a big  :thanks: for the attention!!  :TooFunny:

West Augusta

I'm working on a "secret" weapon for this year.   :TooFunny:
Florida, coming soon.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

zelmo1

I already got. " Goat Tracker on y'all. Those fellas at onX are very helpful. I never said my calls were any good, lol. I am flattered at the estimated worth, but I sell them only to buy more supplies. It's my hobby, if I had to live on the profit, I would be a lot thinner and shooting lead , lol.

Happy

Quote from: zelmo1 on March 10, 2022, 02:48:57 PM
I already got. " Goat Tracker on y'all. Those fellas at onX are very helpful. I never said my calls were any good, lol. I am flattered at the estimated worth, but I sell them only to buy more supplies. It's my hobby, if I had to live on the profit, I would be a lot thinner and shooting lead , lol.
Just stay upwind of us.

TauntoHawk

How dead can the turkey be???

I got a bird finishing at the taxi from last year that would have scored 76 and change per the scoring rules if my arithmetic is right.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

crow

if it's only maybe dead and it didn't vote for Biden, then it's not too dead,

sign it up on the score card

reflexl

I like it. I have some birds in the 70s and 80s. We can put an asterisk beside it and call it ghost score.

zelmo1

I'm in. I got a 6 bearded one that had 26 inches of rope. I will score and post  :funnyturkey:

guesswho

Quote from: zelmo1 on March 14, 2022, 08:32:38 AM
I'm in. I got a 6 bearded one that had 26 inches of rope. I will score and post  :funnyturkey:
I'm fine with that.   If 26" of beard is the threshold  I might be able to dig up a decent bird or 5 myself.   I have one that will more than double that beard length.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

zelmo1

Beards are purdy and all, but as i get older, I look for long spurred gobblers. I will take a bird with a nice 1.25" busted odd spur any day. It paints a picture of all the title defenses he has made. When they stop tasting so good, I will hunt them with a camera still. Good luck boys. Let the real trash talking begin.

P.S.

I cant talk too much trash till my season starts in 6 weeks.  :OGturkeyhead:

guesswho

I'm an equal opportunity turkey hunter.   Full fan, swinging beard, visible spurs.   Meet any of that criteria, and I hate it for them.   

Good luck in six weeks.   I guess I'll kick my season off Saturday on a yute hunt. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Happy

Go ahead and talk all the trash you want zelmo. I am on the sidelines for a bit myself. Good luck when you do get out.