turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

little 410 strikes again

Started by btodd00, March 08, 2022, 08:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btodd00

This is number 5 for the little 301, #9 apex has been the best load with the factory choke for me with the browning being a close second. Waiting on my powder to arrive to hand load some #10 and try out. I am looking for a Mossberg 500 410 turkey now so my son can keep using this one and we aren't fighting over it during season. When I bought it, it was more of a novelty just to kill one with a 410 and for my kids to use but it quickly became my favorite turkey gun

jmart241

Congrats its my favorite turkey gun also

Turkeybutt

Congrats on a fine bird.
I have always been a 12 and 20 gauge hunter. Due to necessity(Shoulder Replacement Surgery 13 days before opening day) my son bought me a Stevens 301. I put a Jebs XX full choke and a Holosun red dot on it. I'll pattern it this weekend with Federal TSS 9's. Honestly I don't know if I'll be able to get it to my shoulder so I might be shooting off a stick or just calling for others this year.
Anyway I will still be in the woods!

g8rvet

Fine bird, pretty woods. 

I am carrying only the 301 for my last bird this year.  I want to kill one with it before I pass it down to my grandson. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

btodd00

I have been wanting to get either a 500 pump or a sa410 but everytime I pick them up they are way heavier than the 301 so I just keep hunting with the single shot. I know one day I'll probably pick something else up but I do love how light it is

runngun

Congratulations on a fantastic turkey! Beautiful stand of Cypress too.

Have a good one
           Bo

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

btodd00

it was a very pretty spot, probably will be the most memorable spots I have killed a tom since most of the woods ive hunted in Florida dont look that nice