Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Daily Hunting Log

Started by GobbleNut, March 06, 2022, 11:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy

Nice write up Randy. If I happen to get extremely lucky and a turkey gobbler gets extremely unlucky i might have to do a write up as well. I won't be lugging any video camera around so the words I put down will just have to be considered the indisputable truth.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

crow

Congrats Randy on another nice one, good write up of the hunt

crow

Quote from: Happy on March 29, 2022, 06:20:27 PM
Nice write up Randy. If I happen to get extremely lucky and a turkey gobbler gets extremely unlucky i might have to do a write up as well. I won't be lugging any video camera around so the words I put down will just have to be considered the indisputable truth.

If you could maybe draw a pencil sketch like they do at the courthouse that might add a little more credibility to the hunt.

randy6471

Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated!

Good luck and I hope everyone has safe, exciting and successful season. I'm looking forward to seeing some pics from others soon.

Happy

Quote from: crow on March 29, 2022, 11:37:25 PM
Quote from: Happy on March 29, 2022, 06:20:27 PM

If you could maybe draw a pencil sketch like they do at the courthouse that might add a little more credibility to the hunt.
Have you seen the new NWTF logo? My art skills make that thing look museum worthy

crow

guesswho

3/19- went hunting, watched my yute kill a turkey.
3/20- went hunting, watched another yute miss a turkey :z-guntootsmiley:
3/25- went hunting, killed turkey.
3/27- went hunting, didn't kill a turkey but got good intel
3/28- went hunting, killed a turkey (good intel)
3/30- went hunting watched buddy kill a turkey. 
3/31-  didn't go hunting, wrote a detailed log of my season so far.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

crow

Good job taking the time getting the yutes into the woods and on your gobblers

Reading down thru your journal I almost made it to 3-28 but was overcome by the emotion of being put right into the hunt, stopped to get a box of Kleenex and made it to the end.  ;D

guesswho

I get writers block pretty easy.    I tend to get readers block too. 
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

guesswho

4/1- Didn't go hunting.  Went to get haircut.   By the time all the women got finished playing with my hair it was to late to go hunting. 

4/5- Went hunting for about 20 minutes, didn't kill a turkey.   Severe weather rolled in so I rolled into Cracker Barrel.     
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

West Augusta

4/5  Dreamt about turkey hunting.   :(
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

eggshell

I am not hunting yet but I been in the woods a lot. I got word a local chapter NWTF was short guides for a wheeling Sportsmen Turkey Hunt this weekend, so I threw my hat in the ring. So I spent 3 of the last 4 days scouting and helping set blinds. This weekend we Meet and then hunt April 9 & 10. I've heard up to 13 gobblers in the hunt area, so we're hopeful to fill some tags. Pray for the weather to break, the forecast is rain/flurries and cool. will make it tough getting guys in blinds with wheelchairs.

Happy

Its an awsome gesture on your part eggshell. I hope you guys have lots of luck.

crow

Good job eggshell, hope the weather gives you all a break

eggshell

Opening day in Ky and it was kind of quiet at daylight, but they started up pretty good around 8:00 -8:30 AM. I got a nice long beard called in, but he just would not present me a clean shot. There was a lot of blow downs around me. So Finally a hen showed up and led him off. I sat and watched them leave. At 10:15 we struck a bird and it was my buddies turn to set and and I kept him gobbling while he circled and got set up. Once my buddy got on the bench with him he came right in and he killed him. A nice 21 pound three year old. Taking Easter off and back at it Monday in Ky.