North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Upcoming season

Started by FullChoke, March 04, 2022, 09:56:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Team mates,

The opening of turkey season in several states is very near. Here in MS, we are getting our stuff ready to take afield. We are cleaning guns and clothes, treating clothing with Permethrin for repelling ticks and other insect pests, sanding up box, pot calls and strikers, checking on your mouth calls and replacing as needed, practicing your calling, preseason scouting, patching up leaky boots, changing out batteries in flashlights or red dot scopes, cleaning up your mountain bike and airing up the tires, checking on changes in the state's hunting or reporting requirements, getting permits and licenses, checking Google Earth Pro for topography and possible new areas to hunt, taking a cake to the landowner who graciously granted you permission to hunt their property last year.

The list goes on and on, but attending to it is one of the satisfying preseason drills that we get to do. We are not that different from professional athletes who train and prepare for season opener and their opportunity to compete.

Be safe, have fun, kill gobblers.

Cheers  ;D

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Kygobblergetter

Can't wait! I'll be trying my hand at Mississippi hunting for the first time this year and it can't get here soon enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FullChoke

Great. Where are you hunting in Mississippi?

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Kygobblergetter

South East. Near vancleave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FullChoke

I hope you can find a suicidal old rascal who didn't know he wanted to hang on a limb by his spurs. Good hunting.

FC