OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

If you could have one box call?

Started by BDeal, February 28, 2022, 10:03:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranger

Steve Mann Mahogany paddle, Poplar Body, Walnut Base, Old Hen Design
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

Yoder409

So.............. If I'm limited to ONE box call.......... you may as well shoot me.    :z-guntootsmiley:

But, going by what I carried last year and will be toting around this year, as well........and likely for years to come........

Watkins bridge design fiddle box.  Macassar over persimmon.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

kingofspringmi

H.S. Strut Field Champion Box Call. It's what I used when I started tagging along on turkey hunts with my grandfather, and I've been lucky enough to carry the same exact call with me since then.

Unfortunately, the call was in rough shape and I didn't want to do anymore damage to it. After a quick Google search, I learned that they no longer made the call and I pulled the trigger on a newer model of the call on eBay. As long as it works I'll forever carry it with me into the woods.

Nate

Old Ike Ashby calls are worth a look at. I have a Ashby box with a top built and tuned by Swiney Rayfield that's as good as the best.

WildTigerTrout

My vintage mid 1970's Lynch World Champion made in Liberty Miss.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

rong

Only one? ??? ??? ??? No thanks..... I don't want to play :-[

Rapscallion Vermilion

Hen box  (Richard Hudson, Matt Fulkerson, ...)

2nd 100

Count me out also on one box .... Naw I don't wanna play.. lol
I have  been toting a Lamar Williams mosdrilled shop box for the last 3 years . It gets it's fair share of use but I always have 4 or 3 in the truck and maybe a Fulkerson  hen box riding in the back pocket of the vest where real turkey hunters don't carry turkeys ...
So I really won't be limited to one ... Sorry

Yoder409

Quote from: 2nd 100 on April 01, 2022, 12:13:50 AM
.......... a Lamar Williams mosdrilled shop box

???

Curious as to what this is and what it looks like.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

lowoctane

Quote from: Yoder409 on April 01, 2022, 05:55:39 AM
Quote from: 2nd 100 on April 01, 2022, 12:13:50 AM
.......... a Lamar Williams mosdrilled shop box

???

Curious as to what this is and what it looks like.
Lynch 101...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Sim1982

Watkins Mac ebony over red heart that box flat out runs

Bowguy

If only one box was a consideration why would anyone not want a longbox? It does everything a short box does and more. Way more versatile. A short box would limit you. SS or McKamey is what I use and carry. If only a short box it could be many variations of a Watkins.

Zobo

Starting this season with the Basehore yellowheart/mahogany and the Shoemaker pupleheart/ mineral poplar, oh wait that's two boxes. But in my world a longbox and a short aren't the same thing. Same genus, different species.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

TJR

Billy Bush Beggin Machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

longbow2240

Nothing special, but I wish I would've grabbed one of the Cody Mossy Oak Old School series when I had a chance. Was gonna get one and life stepped in the way and had put that idea on hold, when I ready to buy, no more where available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro