turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sitka turkey vest

Started by skimerhorn, February 16, 2022, 09:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archivist13

I have one and used it all last season. It has a "noose" strap on the left shoulder that is removable for toting a bird out. I found no issues with the water bladder and the back of a tree. If anything it might add some extra cushioning as opposed to a hard water bottle jutting into my back.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Old Timer on February 28, 2023, 05:45:28 PM
Received vest today. Well made and the straps will slide up and down to my liking. It is comfortable fit, shoulder fit is perfect. A lot of adjustment. Minimalist for sure. Where I feel it lacks is the seat. Everything else is doable. I run and gun then sit for as long as it takes for the bird to come in and I do not know if I can do it with this seat. Jury is out. We shall see.
Always thought the ideal seat would be the standard foam bottom and a self inflating air cushion on top. A thin air cushion can take up a lot of pressure of sitting weird and the foam on the bottom should protect it from punctures.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

bigdrumnc

Well I used mine for the first time yesterday.  It has just enough room for what you need.  It's comfortable, and having the hydration bag is nice.  The call pockets work great.  I am 5-10 210 and I would say average width shoulders.  The vest shoulder straps at times felt loose,  I found my self constantly tightening it.  The vest completely is adjustable.  The top chest strap that connects each side of the vest, that buckle kept coming apart while sitting and walking.  That was annoying and I contacted Sitka about it via the website yesterday .  We will see how they decide to fix it.  The bottom buckle makes a distinct snap that is locked,  the top does not.  Anything you put in the back storage area is not easily accessible.  The vest it self is comfortable and the seat is comfortable as well. Like anything Sitka it's really nice.  As for price,  well mossy oak said "hold my beer". ????

Old Timer

bigdrum: I will be giving mine a test drive soon. Thanks for the review

Tandin93

Made a modification to mine today. I don't like the idea of having my mouth calls in the same pocket as my pot calls, so I added a Phelps squeeze call pouch to the shoulder strap. It works great so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigdrumnc

Well I got ahold of Sitka and they informed me the chest buckles slide up and down(the sides attached to the vest). They slide so you can have the chest straps where they feel comfortable to you.  If they and not level-straight across from each other,  that can cause the buckles to come apart. It's a common issue.  Low and behold my straps were not level and straight across from each other.  I fixed it and will give it another try!  The vest is smarter than me!

76chevy

Quote from: mudhen on February 23, 2023, 12:06:27 AM
It's fine at $199 or below, just look for sales...

i got one for 197 ebay

should be here later this week, look forward to this season testing it out for RNG

bigdrumnc

Kudos to Sitka !!!! They even called me back to make sure I had my vest working like I wanted it.  That's pretty stand up in my book!!!

harleytom

I just picked up one second handed and wore it today on a hot,humid morning in Alabama. It is very comfortable and light. I think I'm going to like it quite a bit.

Tandin93

Well, after using my vest this season I will have to say that I absolutely love it! I did cut out the mesh sides so I could carry the turkey on the pack. It works like a charm!

Dazzler

I recently read that Sitka offers a Mil/LE discount. Can anyone confirm?

runngun

I don't know about the discount but I will definitely be finding out.  I sure hope you are correct.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

runngun

Dazzler  I sent you a pm

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

olemossyhorns

I've tried one this season and I can't say that I'm sold on it. I crawled approximately 40-50 yards while wearing it and one of my chest buckle came off somewhere during the crawl. I contacted Sitka the following Monday and here I am two weeks in with one strap keeping it closed.  The pocket to the left of the box call pouch, I have found basically useless.

land cruiser

Quote from: Dazzler on April 28, 2023, 07:22:47 AM
I recently read that Sitka offers a Mil/LE discount. Can anyone confirm?
Confirming. This is through a subscription to Leo adventures