OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How much do you use your tube?

Started by aclawrence, January 19, 2022, 08:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aclawrence

Hey fellas I bought a new tube call last year and really just now started playing around with it. I went back and listened to that video of Mark Prudhomme using a tube. Wow it really sound good. How much do y'all use your tube calls. I know they're great for cutting and getting gobbles. Do any of y'all really work a bird with one. I know Mark sure could. I do realize it takes up one of your hands so you'd have to drop it at some point. I keep checking in on this tube forum and not much is going on here. Let's get some tube talk going!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkeymanjim

I call in 90% of my birds with a tube. I use a tube from locating the bird right to when I pull the trigger.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

aclawrence

That's awesome. I'm looking forward to practicing with mine more.  It seems like any kind of call that is different from what everyone else is using might be advantageous.

tal

My main call. Prudhomme plays one well, a good listen for what you want to sound like.
A good tube caller will rival a mouth diaphragm, but you're right it's not hands free.

crow

My favorite call to gobble on and what sounds like the most realist to my ear.
Have used it to gobble them in to the gun

Candyman

I use it from start to finish. I carry 2 usually. One for loud locating and one tuned for start to finish.  Once mastered they are very versatile calls.

mspaci

bobk

I use a tube as my primary rainy day caller, for locating in the big woods and to gobble during the fall season.

Lucky Goose

Ooof,  I wish I could have y'all on this thread around a campfire... 

I've played with a tube here and there, can't get confidence to take it to the woods yet.

Greg Massey

Back in my early turkey hunting day's we used Snuff can's with a piece of no lube condom for the latex .. I still have those old tube calls as a reminder of the good old day's... but the condom's are long gone .. LOL..

Terry

I just use one to locate when the wind is blowing or I need to cover a lot of ground fast.

Candyman

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 21, 2022, 11:09:37 AM
Back in my early turkey hunting day's we used Snuff can's with a piece of no lube condom for the latex .. I still have those old tube calls as a reminder of the good old day's... but the condom's are long gone .. LOL..

I have 2 of the metal snuff cans left. One is always hanging around my neck on every hunt. I tried to buy more several years ago but all I could find were plastic ones with indented lids. Just something special about that sound coming from a metal snuff can. Turkeys love that sound!

ChesterCopperpot

I can't make one sound worth anything. Matter of fact I've got a few I'd probably give someone that could actually make them sound like a turkey A shame to let them sit in a drawer.

paboxcall

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on January 21, 2022, 01:18:16 PM
I can't make one sound worth anything. Matter of fact I've got a few I'd probably give someone that could actually make them sound like a turkey A shame to let them sit in a drawer.

Same here, last call type for me to learn. Like you I have two, one of them is a Permar which you don't see too often. This thread, and with help from a member here on OG, I'm going to finally learn this tube call this season.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

aclawrence

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on January 21, 2022, 01:18:16 PM

Well send one over to me that way I can double my tube collection lol.  I think I'm going to make a serious at the tube call and my trumpet before season gets here.