News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Going mouth call only this year

Started by strum, January 17, 2022, 09:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strum

Quote from: Kwgoke on January 25, 2022, 01:20:04 PM
My plan this year is to spend more time using my pots and scratch box in the field. Need to justify my drive to own all these other calls lol

I understand that fully. Every year I buy something else and end up shelving it. I bought a very nice Turpin style Hen Box from a reputable maker on this forum. Nothing wrong with it. Its beautifully crafted and all.  I just cant get turkeys to come to it. I know its me more than the call. That said I dont spend the time with it as I do the diaphragms. And Ive never ran boxes well.

Happy

I would be perfectly comfortable on a hunt with just a few of my favorite diaphragms. That is the first call I really started serious practicing with at 8 years old.
However I typically carry a pot call or  2, two strikers and a wingbone or trumpet. The last 4 years or so the diaphrams and the wingbones/trumpets have done 90% of the heavy lifting. I am by no means that great or even good with a suction yelper but it has been a game changer on more than a handful of gobblers in the last couple years.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Kwgoke

Quote from: strum on January 25, 2022, 06:54:43 PM
Quote from: Kwgoke on January 25, 2022, 01:20:04 PM
My plan this year is to spend more time using my pots and scratch box in the field. Need to justify my drive to own all these other calls lol

I understand that fully. Every year I buy something else and end up shelving it. I bought a very nice Turpin style Hen Box from a reputable maker on this forum. Nothing wrong with it. Its beautifully crafted and all.  I just cant get turkeys to come to it. I know its me more than the call. That said I dont spend the time with it as I do the diaphragms. And Ive never ran boxes well.
I feel like my box call game has gotten better here lately, because I have had two upstairs next to my computer that I've been trying to sell on here, which means during meetings (I'm currently wfh) I place myself on mute and play them more often. Definitely seen a significant boost in how they sound because of that! Thinking I need to move a few more calls up to leave at my desk now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk