Main Menu

Looking for 1st Trumpet.....Who?

Started by RED NECK, January 16, 2022, 03:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crow

Quote from: mountainhunter1 on May 07, 2022, 06:38:58 PM
Quote from: crow on January 18, 2022, 12:45:37 PM
Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on January 18, 2022, 08:52:07 AM
How would I know which calls, are easier to learn on? or is that on an individual  person to decide and figure out for themselves? I assume It comes down to the person. I'd like at least two to start with but don't want to make the learning curve more difficult than I have too.

I was talking about the new model because that's what's available from him, but if you find an original design there is nothing wrong with them, they sound really good

If you go back several pages in the trumpet section and look for threads like yours you will see a pattern of whats been recommended for starting out, they are whats worked for the majority of people.
You wouldn't go wrong with a trumpet from any of them. Some of them would have a long wait period.

The Buice trumpets have interchangeable mouthpieces that have different diameter holes thru them, which changes the pitch of the call and how it draws air, the 2 most popular are the #3 and #4 as Davis mentioned

Any trumpet from Ralph Permar would be a god choice, his entry level Jordan call will do any thing you will need to do in the turkey woods

I assume you are talking about his smaller improved jordan yelper?

mountainhunter1

Thought we were talking about the same call but wanted to be sure. One other thing - That call is also just about indestructible. It will last a hunter a lifetime.

Anyway, Hope you have waxed some birds by now Crow. My new Mossberg Bantam we discussed has claimed two thus far. That gun is a joy to carry in the woods compared to my much heavier 12 gauges.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

crow

topnotch