turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

That’ll make ‘em gobble…

Started by ChesterCopperpot, January 16, 2022, 08:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MO_HUNTER

I remember a time when my cousin used to fire up the milk truck in the barn, used to elicit a few gobbles. It was nice when he headed down the hill and hit the Jake brake... I knew I had about 30 minutes from start up until he got to the hill.

Tom Dooley

A cough

Cracking open a can of Vienna sausage

Sir-diealot

I sat in my blind one morning, and did not know I had a tom in the tree above me. My opioid medications can cause some incredible constipation and I dropped a striker on the ground and when I bent over to get it I let out a real rip roaring fart that got him to shock gobble. He was so close I almost got rid of the constipation when he gobbled, Almost.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

ChesterCopperpot

I don't know which ones better, a can of vienees or a fart Y'all win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferocious calls

I raise Easterns. What haven't I heard them gobble at?

Tom Dooley

:TooFunny:
Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on January 23, 2022, 06:06:42 PM
I don't know which ones better, a can of vienees or a fart Y'all win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

birdman24

Funny responses. My best was a group of F-35s flying at about 1000 ft along the Utah/Nevada border. Had been real quiet till they flew over. Woods exploded with gobbles and they never quieted down till one went home with me.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Jimspur

Was hunting in Virginia some time back and I heard some guys working
on a house. They were hammering away and as I got closer I thought
I was hearing a gobble every time the hammers would hit.
I worked my way closer until I could plainly hear it was a gobble.
Got about 100 yards from the bird, made a few calls, and had him in about
5 minutes.

Lm789998

The first time I ever went turkey I forgot to turn my alarm on my cell phone off. we where slipping in the woods in the dark trying to get close to where we thought they where roosted when my alarm went off. I remember my heart sinking when it went off then suddenly they started shock gobbling and the whole woods sounded like a turkey farm.

Mallard1897

Had one gobble his head off at a freight train across the river. Could see him in the bottom and when the train went by it was so loud I could see him shaking his head continuously to gobble but couldn't hear a sound.

One of my father's favorites was a bird gobbling when someone down below on the road stopped and a beer can fell out of the car and hit the gravel.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk