turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Benelli m1 20/I.C. .555/apex gt-20

Started by outdoorsmen, March 29, 2022, 03:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outdoorsmen

This is at 50yds cause that's what my club is setup at. The target is 6" and I colored out to 10" and got 202

Red vyper

It will kill, How did you download a pic?
I've tried and my attachments get rejected

valleyoaks

If thats 40 yards its not impressive for apex and ic choke as i have a ic choke in .555 and in 20 gauge its not even a 40 yard gun with tss or lead as u see with so many other pictures

outdoorsmen

As I stated in my post it's a 50yd pattern.  202 in 10" @ 50yd.  Idk if it's good or not that's why I posted the pic.

lacire

Quote from: outdoorsmen on April 05, 2022, 07:58:33 AM
As I stated in my post it's a 50yd pattern.  202 in 10" @ 50yd.  Idk if it's good or not that's why I posted the pic.

Over 200 in a 10 inch circle @ 50 yds, definitely will kill them.
Out of curiosity did you pattern at 20 yds to see how tight the pattern is?
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

outdoorsmen

No I didn't shoot 20yds. But I bet it tight....

mountainhunter1

Quote from: valleyoaks on April 05, 2022, 06:01:58 AM
If thats 40 yards its not impressive for apex and ic choke as i have a ic choke in .555 and in 20 gauge its not even a 40 yard gun with tss or lead as u see with so many other pictures

202 in the ten at forty with longbeard XR four or fives would be a very solid pattern. The number fives (three inch) only have right at 297-300 pellets in the whole load, so to have over 200 of them in the ten at forty would not be a problem. Based on what he is saying, he is likely sitting right at 290 in the ten at forty yards. I know some want even tighter patterns, but I humble submit the notion that his pattern is really all he needs in the woods as far as turkeys.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

mountainhunter1

Quote from: outdoorsmen on April 05, 2022, 07:58:33 AM

That is a good pattern. You are going to be in the neighborhood of around 290 pellets at forty yards for the ten. You have a tiny little void at about seven o'clock in the outer 20" part of the circle (beyond where you counted off). But - most all 20's have a void or two. As far as your ten, anything of at least 100 pellets in the ten will generally be a sure kill, and you still have twice that amount at fifty yards. Most of the birds you shoot will be much closer to you than fifty yards. I would go to the woods with that and not give it another thought. Thanks for sharing.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13