only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Your most expensive call

Started by ChesterCopperpot, December 31, 2021, 08:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bedge7767

Jim

Ihuntoldschool

$25 but that was a pack that included a slate, crow, mouth call all together.

Tom007

Quote from: Bedge7767 on January 01, 2022, 12:20:54 AM
Is this a trap?

Never thought of this, maybe the wives are monitoring this post???
"Solo hunter"

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: Tom007 on January 01, 2022, 07:39:48 AM
Is this a trap?

You watch how quickly high dollar calls disappear from the classifieds on here for higher prices than what's been named and you know the real spenders are keeping quiet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoder409

Is this a trap?

Wanna know what's funny ??   My wife, most times, is my enabler.  She's even bid on calls for me when I was at work.........

:you_rock:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tom007

Quote from: Yoder409 on January 01, 2022, 08:51:04 AM
Is this a trap?

Wanna know what's funny ??   My wife, most times, is my enabler.  She's even bid on calls for me when I was at work.........

She's a keeper my friend.....
"Solo hunter"

MK M GOBL

I am not a "collector" of calls, I have given a lot of my old calls away to friends and newbies but there are calls I have kept for sentiment and what I value, my collection of calls is based on that.

As for expensive calls I actually won a set of calls from a custom call maker and the value of those far exceeds anything I have bought.

Over 25 years ago I bought a CODY World Class Slate for $125.00 and there is a story with that :icon_thumright:, my buddies thought I was nuts at the time and have ended more turkeys with that call than any other call I have ever used/owned combined. It now sits on a display I made, and its successor has earned that spot! A friend of mine bought me a call and had that call customized for me, The Cody® "SPEC I" Legend Slate is pure turkey and has been a killer.

http://www.codyturkeycalls.com/

https://www.facebook.com/FanaticTurkeyDisplays

MK M GOBL

lacire

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

lacire

I'm not a collector but I did pony up $14.99 for a old Lynch box call a few years ago. It was from a thrift store and still in the box with instructions. It said foolproof on it so I new it was the one for me.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Tom007

Quote from: MK M GOBL on January 01, 2022, 08:54:37 AM
I am not a "collector" of calls, I have given a lot of my old calls away to friends and newbies but there are calls I have kept for sentiment and what I value, my collection of calls is based on that.

As for expensive calls I actually won a set of calls from a custom call maker and the value of those far exceeds anything I have bought.

Over 25 years ago I bought a CODY World Class Slate for $125.00 and there is a story with that :icon_thumright:, my buddies thought I was nuts at the time and have ended more turkeys with that call than any other call I have ever used/owned combined. It now sits on a display I made, and its successor has earned that spot! A friend of mine bought me a call and had that call customized for me, The Cody® "SPEC I" Legend Slate is pure turkey and has been a killer.

http://www.codyturkeycalls.com/

https://www.facebook.com/FanaticTurkeyDisplays

MK M GOBL

Amen, nice display. The Cody Spec 1 is an absolute Turkey killer. I got mine in 1994, #168 and it is always in my vest......Expensive at the time, but priceless now.......
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Quote from: lacire on January 01, 2022, 09:39:34 AM
I'm not a collector but I did pony up $14.99 for a old Lynch box call a few years ago. It was from a thrift store and still in the box with instructions. It said foolproof on it so I new it was the one for me.

Great call there.......stands the test of time......
"Solo hunter"

HookedonHooks

tal

Quote from: Yoder409 on January 01, 2022, 08:51:04 AM
Is this a trap?

She have a single sister?  :z-flirtysmile3:

ol bob

All I'll say I have a LOT of calls that I keep in a safe, and leave it there.