turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Beretta Over/under TSS recommendation

Started by TheSportsman, February 10, 2022, 06:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

I have a beretta 686 onyx 12ga 3" over and under. Top barrel has a original rhino .660 and bottom barrel has a factory full for close stuff(also have a original rhino in .680). I was gonna grab a box of tss- need opinions-
Apex 3" 2oz 9
Apex 3" ninja 8.5
Apex small town blend 3"

Or even hevi 18 3" 2oz 9s

Opinions?

Shot nitro 3" hevi shot 4x5x7 in it for years but bout out.

BandedSpur

Any or all of those will be more than adequate, but recoil will be very stout. I have a 686UL that weighs 6 pounds and a 3.5" 686 that weighs 7.5. Two ounce loads are no fun in either of them. I handload 1&5/8 TSS 9s for the UL and get 345/10 (.675 ST). It will kill way further than necessary with that load.

howl

There's really no point in more than 1 5/8oz of the 9s.  It doesn't matter which one you choose. There's just so many pellets you're sure to get a pattern together. Why?

2oz is extreme overkill. That's almost twice as many pellets as a 2oz load of lead 5s. I would not be surprised if that load would hold a pattern further than those pellets will kill. In fact, as I know how far my 20ga loads will hold a pattern, I'd bet on it. So you're buying and throwing shot that doesn't accomplish anything.