OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossy Super Bantam 20

Started by gobblergls, May 31, 2011, 01:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobblergls

I've talked about it enough here are the photos.  PG .555, Trijicon 6.5 MOA reflex, Uncle Mike's slip on recoil pad, sling, neoprene sleeve and foam comb.  Vintage 20 gauge roll crimper below it.  I changed to a  PG.570 that I like better, just haven't got the photos uploaded.  Wgt. hair over 6lbs as is:

TSS 8/9 at 20 steps, 10" ring, before final zeroing:

All loads no buffer, 1 5/8 TSS 8/9, except one all 9s.  Below photos at 40 yards.
8/9:

All 9s.:

surehuntsalot

I think the turkeys are in trouble
that is one good looking turkey rig you got there
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

gobblergls

Thanks. Here are two that would agree about the gun.  I don't give them much reason to fear me  :fud::
21 3/4 lbs., 11.5", 1" and a head the size of a small mayonnaise jar.  30 steps

18.25 lbs, 10", 1"  44 steps

kdog

Great shooting and great looking gun,,,,I just bought my kids a super bantam but don't have it shooting as good as yours yet.does that have the short 22" barrel?

Kdog

gobblergls

Quote from: kdog on June 01, 2011, 08:56:47 AM
.does that have the short 22" barrel?

Kdog

Yes, but the PG choke extends it out further.  The newer ones come with a certificate that gives the owner half off of a replacement 14" stock when the kids grow.  I don't recall the certificate, but I'll look for the box tonight.

gobblergls

First photo is with 1.625 oz. 9 TSS (still no buffer) and with PG .570.  276 9s in the 10 ring, but at sacrifice to 20 ring.  The .555 put 208 8/9s in the 10 ring, but has a better lethal margin outside of 10".  Gets thin quicker with the .570.  At 40 yards.  I realize that two shots do not make a statistical probability, but I can live with what I see so far.   gratefully did the heavy lifting ($$$) in development.

1.625 oz. no buffer at 20 yards, PG .570. My chicken scratch writing looks like a 7 on the paper but it is a 9.
Almost feel sorry for Mr. Tom.

Longshanks

Thats a killer rig!! Cool as the other side of the pillow. Ive heard of some folks wanting to go into business with TSS shotshells.  Nitro Ammunition may be getting a little nervous right about now..

surehuntsalot

Quote from: Longshanks on June 04, 2011, 10:54:52 AM
Thats a killer rig!! Cool as the other side of the pillow. Ive heard of some folks wanting to go into business with TSS shotshells.  Nitro Ammunition may be getting a little nervous right about now..

they should be nervous
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Mike Honcho

Great looking rig...I've got one of these I'm  setting up for a grandson (and I think I might use it myself once in a while!).  I've got a PG .555 for it.   My question is on the neoprene stock sleeve/foam comb...did you buy that / make it ????

I'd like to know where to get one if they are commercially available. 

Thanks in advance.

gobblergls

Quote from: Mike Honcho on June 08, 2011, 10:30:54 AM
My question is on the neoprene stock sleeve/foam comb...did you buy that / make it ????

I'd like to know where to get one if they are commercially available. 

Thanks, Mike.  Beartooth Products, Bass Pro.  I have one in black for an old Fox double that works well. Gil

Mike Honcho

Thanks Gil...I'll check them out.
Mike 

kdog

I bought my kids a super bantom this spring and it's a nice little 20 gauge for the $$.I got the combo so we can use it for deer season as well.

I ended up making the stock as short as possible with the included shims and the put a limbsaver slip on recoil pad on it,,,, the LOP is about 13" in this configuration.I then added a TruGlo reflex site and then had to add the beartooth stock raising kit to get the kids cheek back onto the stock like it should be.

I bought a tightwad choke to try and at 30 yds it's putting about 120 bb's in a 10"circle with Remington nitro mag 5 shot.I'm waiting on another choke to get here to try but the gun is a nice lightweight rig that's for sure.

Kdog

gobblergls

Quote from: kdog on June 09, 2011, 09:39:41 AM
I bought my kids a super bantom this spring and it's a nice little 20 gauge for the $$.I got the combo so we can use it for deer season as well.

.I then added a TruGlo reflex site and then had to add the beartooth stock raising kit to get the kids cheek back onto the stock like it should be.

Kdog

I'd love to see a photo.  IMO, the gun is a heckuva deal compared with other light 20s especially when one considers it comes drilled and tapped for mounting optics.  It's a lot of turkey gun to be only 42-43" long (includes 1.5" choke extension) and just over 6 lbs tricked-out for turkeys.

kdog

Gobblergls,,,l'll post a pic tomorrow afternoon,it's all black not camo like yours

Kdog

kdog

Ok heres my kids Mossy Super Bantam,,It has a limbsaver slipon recoil pad added,the Beartooth comb raising kit,a TruGlo reflex site and SumToy choke.

Kdog