OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sa-459 speedbead. Possibly viper g2/sa-20

Started by turkey_slayer, March 20, 2022, 12:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey_slayer

Picked up this gun the other day. I assume this will work for the tristar and mossberg but have not seen either in person. I hate using rails or rib mounts. Sit to high for me and can't use bead so I've always modified speedbeads to work. I've never had one move. This isn't to bad to do. I had an extra speedbead laying around that I believe is for a benelli m1/m2 12ga. Need to drill 1 hole in the stock for a roll pin and cut out the bottom of the mount that will slip over the trigger housing. The pin is for vertical tension and the cut out for the trigger housing, if done right, prevents side to side movement. It's a pretty tight fit on mine. There's a slight gap between the receiver and mount that I'll prob bed. The extra foam that comes with the speedbead would prob work to

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dtrkyman

Nice.

I was thinking about the same thing for my sa20.  Just can't convince myself to switch to a dot!

yelpy

Looks good to me!!

I really like the speed bead low profile. You can use the barrel bead worst case if the red dot quits working for some reason. I recently removed the one from my M2. It was on a slight angle and bothered me a bit. Actually drove me nuts. I dont really like the back center adjustment screw in the base. They can make that it a little better.

Dtrkyman

I found a speedbead for an 12ga m2 dirt cheap on fleabay so I decided to give it a whirl on my sa20.

Was a bit challenging but not too bad, and if I had a couple different attachments for my dremel it would have been easier.
I got a really tight fit with the cut out for the trigger assembly but also drilled two holes in the base and pinned it into the stock.

Once done it was pointing downward in the front so I added one of the drop spacers to square it up, now just waiting on my dot as I waited until I pulled this off to order it.  The base of the SB sits below the rib so the dot should be just above the rib, nice!