turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

#2 in VA, back to Public

Started by Vaturkeyhntr, April 22, 2021, 04:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaturkeyhntr

After dealing with a tight lipped henned up bird the past week on some private land I was able to get into a place I really like on some public ground.  This bird had been hunted pretty regularly this week and it showed.  The only call he would answer was the trumpet and he came quick!!!  Once he gobbled for the first time at around 150 yards he quickly cut the distance with a second gobble.  After he responded back to me with the second gobble I put the call away.  Wasn't long and here he comes, every 10-15 yards he'd strut then look for that hen.  As he got into range he went behind some large tree's where I was able to ready for the shot.  Once he came from behind the trees and out of strut I ended the show. 
Something about watching them put on a show in the bluebell bottoms.

After dealing with minimal gobbling this past week after fly down, it's was nice to finally have one work like we all hope they would.  Hopefully I can fill my last tag before we head out to SD at the end of next week to chase them in the Black Hills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

Yoteduster

Congrats on a well earned gobbler

randy6471

3bailey3

West Augusta

Nice one.  Congrats and good luck in SD.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Bridger

boomer

Congrats!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jimspur

Way to go and good luck in the Black Hills!

Cowboy

Nice gobbler and good luck in SD

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

JeffC

Congrats on a nice Tom, good luck and safe travels.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr