turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Erasing photos and info from classified upon sale

Started by ChesterCopperpot, April 22, 2021, 03:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterCopperpot

Out of curiosity, why does everyone erase the photos and information from the classified posts after the item(s) sold? I can understand erasing the price maybe but why the photo and description? Seems beneficial to leave up so others can know what different things look like, find things they might be interested in trying to eventually acquire themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbcoach

I'm interested as well.  The only thing that is required is making sure you put SOLD on the item or items. 

HookedonHooks

People don't want call makers to see the calls of theirs they've been peddling.

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: HookedonHooks on April 22, 2021, 03:47:31 PM
People don't want call makers to see the calls of theirs they've been peddling.
I could see that. Erase the price, though, and they don't know what you asked and sold it for and the picture may very well bring a slew of new customers to that callmaker over time who might not have known about their work otherwise.

Sixes

I made the suggestion one time to require pictures and the original post to remain at least a week so that the transaction can be completed and the original pics and text still be available in case there is an issue.

I bought a pot call one time that I thought included the striker, when I went back to look, the pics and text were gone so I took the word of the seller that the striker was not included.

Not a big deal but being able to review the original sell post would of eliminated all the questions.

Gobble!

Quote from: Sixes on April 22, 2021, 04:41:58 PM
I made the suggestion one time to require pictures and the original post to remain at least a week so that the transaction can be completed and the original pics and text still be available in case there is an issue.

I bought a pot call one time that I thought included the striker, when I went back to look, the pics and text were gone so I took the word of the seller that the striker was not included.

Not a big deal but being able to review the original sell post would of eliminated all the questions.

Great idea.

ChesterCopperpot

I just don't understand what good it does anyone to erase the photos or descriptions at all. Price, sure. That makes sense. But most of us are here, for one, because we love turkey calls and love looking at them, admiring them, discovering new callmakers, etc.

Lonehowl

paboxcall

Take a screen shot of the classified ad showing the pics, description and the asking price. Takes just a couple seconds and you have a record along with your transaction documentation.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

3bailey3

I agree i would like to see some of the calls that i missed out on!

Meleagris gallopavo

I have been disappointed more than once when the pictures have been deleted.  I just want to see the item that was sold. 

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.