turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

"Georgia on my mind"

Started by culpeper, May 28, 2011, 09:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

culpeper

Just finished this up yesterday and she is headed to the sweet Georgia Pines!  Black Walnut lid with Yellow Poplar inlays over a Yellow Poplar box with Purpleheart accents and Walnut end blocks, set on a Walnut base with Poplar between.  This is the 1st poplar box I have built...I know hard to believe huh, but trust me this has now become a main-stay in my box call line.  Both rails start out pretty hign with loads of kee kee with the old hen breaking hard into a medium rasp finish.  The Young hen also breaks hard to a classic 3 note yelp, but carries a sweeter, more subtle finish--perfect to get those stubborn gobblers to venture in for a look-see!  Had fun with the burning with a boss gobbler cruising the woodlands with 2 young jakes and the other rail sports a Loblolly Pine branch in honor of the state of Georgia.

culpeper

I have no idea why the other pics don't show up...I didn't do anything different??  Sorry

Iowaturkey

OLE RASPY

savduck

That is a fitting tribute to our State. Thanks. That is a fine looking box call.
Georgia Boy

a-j calls

MarkJM

MuellerCustomCalls

kenturkey89

Brian

culpeper

Hey guys is it just my computer acting up, cause I can only see 3 pics...the other shows the Loblolly Pine branch--I don't get it...this is so frustrating sometimes!

DMP

Great looking call.  All pics are showing up for me.

oneshotcalls

ILIKEHEVI-13

I agree with the others. 

ElkTurkMan

That is one fine looking box call!   

M,Yingling

Great lookin call ,, I like the art work
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

WyoHunter

Beautiful call and outstanding art work! Congrats!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!