OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lead 10

Started by jerf, February 16, 2022, 08:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerf

What shell and choke combos does everyone use. Looking to turn my 10 into a lead shooter.

WildTigerTrout

In my Browning 24" barrel BPS I shoot the old Federal Premium 3.5" 2 1/4 oz. # 6 shot and the now discontinued Winchester Supreme HV 3.5"  2 oz. #6 shot. Both loads are shot through a Mark Bansner "Tru Glo" .695 choke tube.  Both loads are NASTY!! 
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

the Ward

If you want to stick to lead ammo for the 10, I would say Federal flite control is better than the winchester in currently available ammo. Federal recently came out with a new Grand Slam load, i wanted to try it myself, but it is hard to find with the ammo shortage. Remington has a 2-1/4 load of lead 4s, also. I am still hoping that Winchester will make a Longbeard shell for the 10. It might happen someday, as Carlson is making Longbeard choke tubes for the 10 gauge now in 2 constrictions.Nitro also has custom lead turkey ammo for the 10 in loads up to 3 oz. I think. I found a lot of turkey ammo for the 10 before the plague hit by scouring small gun shows that were put on by local conservation clubs. It was a great way to find old discontinued ammo at great prices. With the current ammo shortage any good deals are probably over for now at gunshows.