OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Retay 20 Gauge choke ?

Started by 7shooter, March 19, 2022, 12:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7shooter

Just picked up one of these with the 22" barrel. Do these guns take the Crio Plus choke tubes or a different thread size ?

PEPPERHEAD

Mine does not. It takes the new Reta chock.

7shooter

Quote from: PEPPERHEAD on March 19, 2022, 03:31:04 PM
Thanks, I was looking at Trulock and kicks website and the pn for the Retay chokes was the same as the Crio plus.

PEPPERHEAD

Quote from: 7shooter on March 19, 2022, 04:47:11 PM
Quote from: PEPPERHEAD on March 19, 2022, 03:31:04 PM
Thanks, I was looking at Trulock and kicks website and the pn for the Retay chokes was the same as the Crio plus.
I believe that was the case for older models of the Reta. The new ones(at least the one I bought) is a totally different thread. It's very frustrating that they feel the need for yet another thread pattern.

7shooter

I compared one of my M2 chokes with the Retay choke and they look identical, the Retay chokes are marked Marapro. Couple phone calls in the morning and I'll have the right answers and probably new choke on the way.

PEPPERHEAD

Quote from: 7shooter on March 20, 2022, 10:36:42 AM
I compared one of my M2 chokes with the Retay choke and they look identical, the Retay chokes are marked Marapro. Couple phone calls in the morning and I'll have the right answers and probably new choke on the way.
Sounds good. Please let me know.

rubachub

My retay takes the m2 chokes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duckdogdad

Running a Jebs .565...crio plus...same as M2.

BINK McCARTY

Here's the official verdict on this. They use the marapro choke threads, but some of the crio chokes do fit. This is coming from a guy pretty far up the ladder @ Retay.

7shooter

Quote from: BINK McCARTY on April 08, 2022, 10:01:43 AM
Here's the official verdict on this. They use the marapro choke threads, but some of the crio chokes do fit. This is coming from a guy pretty far up the ladder @ Retay.
Thanks for posting this information, I heard the same. I wound up going with a Jebs 555 that was specifically stated for Retay. It gave me a piece of mind and pleased with my patterns.