turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New dedicated rig

Started by Jcfd142, March 26, 2021, 06:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jcfd142

Been looking for a pistol grip semi auto for a while. Found this Weatherby SA-459 on Gunprime a few weeks ago for $399 and couldn't pass it up. Starting off with Double X and LBXR #5's using a Carlsons non ported 660 choke. Put a few shells through it for function testing but have not got a chance to pattern it yet. Also, want to get it dipped in Mossy Oak of some sort down the road. Looking forward to the pistol grip and shorter barrel for hunting. Should be handy in the woods.

Tom007

Quote from: Jcfd142 on March 26, 2021, 06:39:51 PM
Been looking for a pistol grip semi auto for a while. Found this Weatherby SA-459 on Gunprime a few weeks ago for $399 and couldn't pass it up. Starting off with Double X and LBXR #5's using a Carlsons non ported 660 choke. Put a few shells through it for function testing but have not got a chance to pattern it yet. Also, want to get it dipped in Mossy Oak of some sort down the road. Looking forward to the pistol grip and shorter barrel for hunting. Should be handy in the woods.

You will love the pistol grip. I have had mine since 2002. SBE Steady Grip. Fantastic gun. Be safe...good luck with it...
"Solo hunter"

old3toe

If that choke doesn't work out for you i'd try a kicks choke in it. Those shells and kicks chokes are proven performers in a lot of different guns.