OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Burris FF3 Question

Started by Matt76cmich, March 20, 2021, 06:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THattaway

A little wind can do that. I had a loose screw on a ff3 last year while patterning. First attempt I used star washers and the gasket and one screw did not engage threads good. Stripped first thread really. Had similar experience, a few shots that would not respond to sight adjustments. Removed star washers and planted a new screw to resolve problem. Was not the sights fault, loose nut behind trigger mostly.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Southernson13

I hope I'm understanding correctly but do not assume there will be the same zero between different shells. Not even different loads of the same shell. The magblenda would understandably not hit the second place long beards would. Everything about the two shells is different. Also I bought a bad box of lbxr last year. Zero had lots of shift. Mostly up and down. It's been noted that the qc at Winchester was meh for while plus they have also changed the resin that holds the shot together. Some say not to shoot the lbxr if you shake the shell and can hear the shot rattle. I would just see if you can find a new box or different lot number than what you've been shooting then fire three shots. I've also read that some people's gun likes a little bit of fouling with lbxr. It was more consistent after the first tap shots.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk