OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Benelli m2 2o ga choke n load?

Started by J. Adams, May 25, 2011, 09:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J. Adams

yall are the experts on the 20's what's a good choke/shell combo to try for a ben m2 2o to start as my post season project.

Thanks

WyoHunter

If it was me I'd shoot Hevi-13 7's and try a Hevi Shot .573 or PG .570. A cheaper alternative in choke tubes would be a Primos Tightwad or HS Undertaker. Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

harmonizer

My M2/Carlson .580/Fed HWT #7's combo is the ticket if range is likely to be beyond 30 yds. If 30 yd. or less then Benelli factory full is about the perfect pattern! A quick comparison between my Fed HWT 1.5 oz. of #7's (335 pellet count, out-penetrate lead #5's at any range) and my buddy's 3.5 in. 12 ga. with 2.25 oz. of lead #4's (305 pellet count) tells an interesting story of technological progress.
P.S.   I had the good fortune of seeing the above Carlson combo's long-range pattern etched into a dew-covered crop of spring wheat a few weeks ago (behind a turkey's head). I could not get over the lack of increase in pattern width as the load travelled out many, many yards beyond expected shooting range. That Flight-Control wad sure holds it all together over extended distances. Try it yourself and see.

stick bow

I'm shooting an IC .555 with Winchester Extended range #5's great pattern at 40 yds. don't know  exact numbers. I love my M2.

J. Adams

thanks yall, gives me a great place to start, will post results!
I put the sling on last night and put it over the shoulder...like it's not even there!

DC1.

Rhino choke and Nitro 4x5x7's or straight 7's work well in mine .     :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:

allaboutshooting

We have a lot of folks here who are very pleased with the Swarm Benelli chokes.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."