turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Something Special

Started by Bedge7767, March 10, 2021, 03:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bedge7767

As some of you know I had some Heart Pine out of my Grandmother's Nickel and Dime store that I wanted to have calls made out of for keepsakes. I sent some wood to 3 callmakers and each made me some special calls that mean to the world to me. The striker was made for me by Steve Torman (West Augusta) on here. The Box was made by Jeff White. It's Heart Pine body with a Maple Lid and it's as nice as any I have. Last but certainly not least are the Trumpet and Slate call that was built for me by  Bob Buckner (Ol Bob) on here. These calls will be hunted this year. These are 3 fine call makers that I consider friends. Thanks for looking.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Jim

callmakerman

WOW  All three call makers knocked out of the park with their calls. The wood is beautiful. Congrats on some fine calls.

JeffC

All look awesome , wish you luck this season, make some memories with those keepsakes.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Goblen

Those look great. Nice keep sakes to pass down to a grandchild one day. Thanks for sharing.

Tom007

Treasures there, best of luck with those beauties.....
"Solo hunter"

Beards and Hooks

Awesome and great looking calls Bedge, that's what it's all about!

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Meleagris gallopavo

Perfect in so many ways!  All those makers did a jam up job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Sir-diealot

That's really great to have that connection as I have said before in your original post. Each of the makers did a bang up job, just beautiful.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Clardh

Thanks for sharing.  They are truly special keepsakes!!

Greg Massey

Beautiful gathering of hen's and keepsakes, it's all about making more memories.. congrats

3bailey3

Awesome job to all involved, they look great!

Harty

Wowzers!nostalgia plus. All home runs.thanks for sharing!

West Augusta

I am grateful for the opportunity to try heart pine and was pleasantly surprised at how good of a striker it made.  I was also surprised at the smell it still has as I worked it.   And finally, call makers at least this call maker loves using wood that means something to the customer.  Thanks again my friend and glad that you like it.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

larry9988

Heart Pine makes a beautiful and good sounding trumpet. I have made several from it. It has a little turpentine taste to it when you play it the first few times. Your calls are beautiful and made from a great memory, Congratulations

EZ

Quote from: callmakerman on March 10, 2021, 03:59:48 PM
WOW  All three call makers knocked out of the park with their calls. The wood is beautiful. Congrats on some fine calls.

X2....What a GREAT keepsakes and with the help of three outstanding craftsmen!!!