turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Loud Mouthed Gobbler in the Black Hills - Video

Started by POk3s, February 06, 2021, 11:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POk3s

Not sure what you guys are doing, but the wind is howling outside my door and all I can think about is spring! I've been watching enough Pinhoti and Shane Simpson lately that I figured I better edit this up! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFAyBkDM6FE&feature=youtu.be

simpzenith

Nice job! Congrats on the gobbler! Have you considered a .410 for your Mckenzi? My daughter loves hers because of the reduced recoil.

GobbleNut

Great "average guy goes huntin'" video!  Video work by your companion was quite good actually, under the circumstances.  Kudos to her!  As I have said before, getting good hunting video footage of real, out-in-the-woods-without-decoys-and-blinds hunts is a challenge under the best of circumstances.  Except for not getting the gobbler in the frame, you two came really close to actually putting it all together. 

The "overzealous" segment was a good teaching moment, as well.  In that open forest, I would have been amazed if you had managed to sneak up and get a good, close shot at that gobbler. 

All in all, a very good effort made in the whole production.  Look forward to seeing future attempts!   :icon_thumright:

Greg Massey

Thanks for sharing the video , it's stuff like this that makes the forum, sure you may of not got everything on film, but it still was a lot of fun watching. Congrats to you both on killing the gobbler.

POk3s

Quote from: simpzenith on February 06, 2021, 11:53:19 AM
Nice job! Congrats on the gobbler! Have you considered a .410 for your Mckenzi? My daughter loves hers because of the reduced recoil.

Hey Shane. Yes, I've thought about it. 3 days before we left she didn't have much desire to shoot, but I figured that would change. So therefore I was only half prepared. I was even offered the use of a 20 gauge before we left but with no time to pattern it, I didn't much like that idea either. Regardless, this year, we'll be ready!

Thank you all for watching the vid! It's definitely more scabbed together than what I usually do but I enjoyed the hunt, we had some video, so therefore I wanted to share it. Pretty much as simple as that!

Jim K

I enjoyed that. Thank you. I love the Black Hills!

Yoteduster

Well you got it done and a pretty good job filming considering the terrain.. Congrats!

Flgobbler

Beautiful woods and a gorgeous gobbler.

Nice work!

POk3s

Quote from: Flgobbler on February 07, 2021, 10:41:49 AM
Beautiful woods and a gorgeous gobbler.

Nice work!

Thank you! I appreciate the watch!