OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester Sx4 "NWTF" 20 gauge turkey.....

Started by RED NECK, February 01, 2021, 09:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RED NECK

I purchased myself my 20 gauge semi tonight.I went with the sx4 nwtf, I wasn't planning on a new 20 gauge but It just came down to wanting a semi in 20 gauge, and seeing as I sold my sxp longbeard that I could never really get a liking for, I went sx4. I plan on putting a vortex venom on it before April.

I already have a few chokes to try, along with the .570 briley it comes with, I have

-.565 Carlson's turkey
-.560 Kicks gobllin' thunder
-.570 Primos tight wad
-.555 Indian creek

I also have lots of ammo to test and put through it when it warms up in March.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Curtdawg88

Aaahhhh nothing like a new toy/project! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."

DBuck90

Awesome man what made you chose that over other options ? Retay just released a 20 gauge in a 22
inch barrel I am really wanting to try it over my Benelli M2

Matt76cmich

That should be a good shooter.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

RED NECK

I received the gun today,they delivered it before 11 am.I purchased it Monday evening around 830pm. 1.5 days to my door,Incredible and the reason why I paid for courier instead of Canada post (Crap) $10.00, instead of free,4 months later shipping from the most useless business I've dealt with.

I put it together after supper,I took the spacer out.The fit is awesome,shoulders perfect.I wiped the oil off,It was oiled up pretty good.I won't be shooting it for probably 5-6 weeks but It was nice to get it. I am going to order $500 worth of ammo in 20 gauge, I was already planning on buying the ammo, I still have 10 boxes of hevi mag blend,5 boxes of kent 2k7, 2 boxes of #7 federal tss,1 box of long beard 5's and 3 boxes of longbeard 6's and 2 Federal 3rd degree and a box of hevi 6, with some other average 20 gauge turkey shells.

As of this time, I plan on 5 boxes of kent tk7,4 boxes of mag blend(all they have), 1 box of longbeard 6's, 1 box of hevi 6 and 5 boxes of Federal 3rd degree.

I want to stock up a little more in case ammo prices jump even higher the price for 20 gauge tss 7's has went up 18 dollars a box of 5 in 2 years....they can shove them up their arse, I am not paying any crook that.It isnt even about the money. I just am tired of them trying to bend you over and rape you, for everything. Choke on them.

BINK McCARTY

In place of the Kent TK7 ,try some of the Boss Tom 20 gauge in 7s. They load the same 7 that's in the Kent and that was in the Federal Heavyweight (15g/cc) and it comes in a 3" 1.1/2 oz load opposed to a 1 3/8oz load. AND they are $25/box of 5.
bossshotshells.com

RED NECK

Id try them if I can find them up here,I'm still buying more kent tk7's as I have two setups they shoot very well from.

RED NECK

I tried a few different optics on it tonight to see what I liked the best, I mounted a Bushnell trs 25,vortex venom and a Bushnell trophy w/circle plex and I like the scope. I left the scope on the gun. It just comes up and shoulders the way I like it.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

ltprod

RED NECK

My plan for next Saturday is too take it and get it dialed in, and maybe try a few shells to pattern it. It is supposed to be -9 and sunny with very little wind,unlike this weekend, -33 and now snow. If I do I will try and get some pictures of the patterns and the gun in the snow. I packed....

-Kicks gobbilin thunder .560
- Primos tightwad .570
-Briley .570

For this gun, I'm going to try...

-longbeard #6
-mag blend
-kent tk 7
-Fed 3rd degree (new)   They shot awesome from sxp with tightwad choke

RED NECK

I was planning on heading out today to shoot a few guns but we had a huge snowstorm and I can't get in too where I was going, for a few weeks at least. I did however, purchase some more ammo and a new sling for the sx4 and  ended up with a bushnell trs 25 on it. I used the scope for another setup.

RED NECK

I've been waiting for a bushnell reflex to arrive,It did today and this gun will be heading out this weekend to be sighted in and patterned.

lunghit

Let us know how it goes. I have an SX4 on the way. Its the 20 Ga. Hybrid Bottomland and Cerakote combo and I can't wait. I will now have two SX3's and an SX4. My 12 GA SX3 has been my favorite turkey gun of all and I have owned a few big names. I am looking forward to carrying around a 20 with TSS.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"