turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Choke tubes for Mossberg 500

Started by moonman, May 21, 2011, 07:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonman

I have a Mossberg 500,26" barrel.I bought an Undertaker tube for it last summer and that helped the pattern to the point where it would probably kill a turkey at 40 yards,but I want a better pattern and I want to try Hevi Shot in the future.Any suggestions on choke tubes to try?
Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

R AJ

One that I am impressed with is the Sumtoy choke. It has no ports .
I have found it to shoot lead and HTL in several different loads.
If yours is a 12 gauge this years Mag Blends are giving some excellent patterns in that choke.

Google sumtoy custom chokes and give William a call on his cell phone number at the top of the site. Tell him what you are wanting out of the choke.

Luke95

I would suggest a sumtoy love that choke, with remington game loads punched a hole thru the target at 20 yards  :you_rock: also he is a good guy.
Sumtoy Get Choked

allaboutshooting

Quote from: moonman on May 21, 2011, 07:57:35 AM
I have a Mossberg 500,26" barrel.I bought an Undertaker tube for it last summer and that helped the pattern to the point where it would probably kill a turkey at 40 yards,but I want a better pattern and I want to try Hevi Shot in the future.Any suggestions on choke tubes to try?

I'd recommend the Hevi-13 or the Carlson's. They are both working very well. There's also a new one coming but it won't be available until this fall or next spring.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

gobblergls

Look at the patterns of my Mossy Super Bantam (22" bbl.) shooting TSS.  I used two different chokes, PG .555 and .570.   I originally bought the .555 to shoot Nitro 7s.  There are a lot of high quality chokes to pick from.  If you plan on  using the Federal  load with flite control wads, a non-ported choke is recommended although I have read reports that it didn't make that much difference between ported and non-ported. YMMV.