turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Benelli M2 Question

Started by Justinbowhunter, December 03, 2020, 09:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justinbowhunter

For all you M2 guys, I'm looking at getting me a 20ga compact, and was wondering do these guns come from the factory drilled and tapped for a red dot or is that something ill have to have a gun smith do. I know my SBE and Super Vinci are both drilled and tapped, but I haven't been able to put my hands on a 20ga m2 so wasn't sure.

Thanks for any input fellas!

Prohunter3509

You will have to have them drilled
And tapped

Tom007

Quote from: Justinbowhunter on December 03, 2020, 09:50:54 AM
For all you M2 guys, I'm looking at getting me a 20ga compact, and was wondering do these guns come from the factory drilled and tapped for a red dot or is that something ill have to have a gun smith do. I know my SBE and Super Vinci are both drilled and tapped, but I haven't been able to put my hands on a 20ga m2 so wasn't sure.

Thanks for any input fellas!

Hey, your first post Welcome aboard. Great info on this forum, most knowledgeable  turkey hunters on the planet, great people too. A lot of guys shoot the M2 20. You will get some great advice....good luck.
"Solo hunter"

Justinbowhunter

Thanks Bud, I've been lurkin a while now, and I've gained a wealth of knowledge on here!

Gmed

Unless you are dead set on the M2, look at the Franchi Affinity. Inertia driven and light weight. Already drilled and tapped, and has a lot f owners on here. Less money than the Benelli (shop around for the best price). I have one in the cobalt cerakote with a 26" barrel. Put me a .562 Sumtoy in it, and it's gonna be deadly with #9 TSS. I also have an 870 compact with the 20" barrel, and the Affinity feels way lighter in the hand.....

kwild835

Quote from: Gmed on December 09, 2020, 09:58:17 AM
Unless you are dead set on the M2, look at the Franchi Affinity. Inertia driven and light weight. Already drilled and tapped, and has a lot f owners on here. Less money than the Benelli (shop around for the best price). I have one in the cobalt cerakote with a 26" barrel. Put me a .562 Sumtoy in it, and it's gonna be deadly with #9 TSS. I also have an 870 compact with the 20" barrel, and the Affinity feels way lighter in the hand.....
I have a M2 20, but friend has the Affinity Compact...I would second this strongly.

mrlongbeard

I own a Benelli M2 20 as well as a Franchi Affinity 3 20
A pair of Remington 1100 magnum  20's and a couple 11/87 20's.
I love them all and the Benelli is a great gun but don't discount the Franchi. It is awesome. Honestly that's the gun I've carried the last couple seasons and it is becoming my favorite of them all. Much cheaper than a Benelli and as others have mentioned is drilled and tapped .