turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gouged choke?

Started by Dtrkyman, May 04, 2021, 09:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dtrkyman

Anyone having issues, Indian Creek .555,  hand loads with mylar.  Gouging starts after second wad catcher, can see and feel them.

Sending back after season, still patterns well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rapscallion Vermilion

This is a common thing and nothing to worry about as long as it continues to pattern well.  I see them on my Indian Creek chokes, but don't consider it an issue. 

batsonbe

If you shoot tungsten through any choke with any load it's going to happen. Mylar doesn't protect your barrel as much as some would think.

Dtrkyman

My tube without wad strippers has no marks.

WV Flopper

Been shooting an I.C. with TSS for several years. I seen the marks 3 season ago. I shoot a lot, paper, and for real, I have yet to count a difference in my patterns. Maybe the next time? But not yet.

Send it back? Did it claim TSS safe? Mine didn't, 6-7 years ago. Black Diamond Strike, I think? Like I said, haven't seen a negative impact on pattern yet.

ShootingABN!

Seems to happen a lot with IC and TSS.... I've seen it on several Facebook pages. Seen a couple of pictures that the inside of the choke looked really really really bad. Person stated it still patterned well.

I just purchased an IC for a Mossberg 930. Amazing pattern with XR #5. POI changed with Custom Nitro Heavyshot 4x5x7. Haven't tried TSS however that is what Nitro recommends as their number one choose shooting their TSS load.

Keep us posted.

honker22

Since I switched to TSS a decade ago, I only get chokes with no wad catchers... even my Indian creeks.  That said, no markings on any of mine.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

Dtrkyman

Mine was going back due to the finish coming off anyway, sucker is shiny!

Still seems to pattern the same but mine doesn't have that many rounds through it.

The stock choke that came with my gun shoots quite good so I may just go back to it?

ShootingABN!

Quote from: Dtrkyman on May 06, 2021, 05:05:50 PM
Mine was going back due to the finish coming off anyway, sucker is shiny!

Still seems to pattern the same but mine doesn't have that many rounds through it.

The stock choke that came with my gun shoots quite good so I may just go back to it?

Which gun?