OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Scoped out Bottomland 870

Started by Tom007, October 30, 2020, 08:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: ShootingABN! on January 24, 2021, 05:54:39 PM
Beautiful.

I do wish there where more scope options for your turkey guns.
Years ago we had a lot more choices for specialized gloss or matte finish low power fixed and variable shotgun scopes. Seems no one is making them anymore.  Red dots have taken over. They are really popular now. Lots to chose from in that realm.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Tom007

Quote from: WildTigerTrout on January 24, 2021, 11:57:25 PM
Beautiful.

Years ago we had a lot more choices for specialized gloss or matte finish low power fixed and variable shotgun scopes. Seems no one is making them anymore.  Red dots have taken over. They are really popular now. Lots to chose from in that realm.

I use both red dots and scopes. I like the low power scopes, usually keep them at 2 power. They just help me focus better.....
"Solo hunter"

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: Tom007 on January 25, 2021, 11:51:04 AM
Beautiful.

I use both red dots and scopes. I like the low power scopes, usually keep them at 2 power. They just help me focus better.....
Tom007, I do too.  I have two with shotgun scopes and three with red dots. Both have pros and cons.  I like having choices!  Ha.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Tom007

Quote from: WildTigerTrout on January 25, 2021, 01:19:31 PM
Quote from: Tom007 on January 25, 2021, 11:51:04 AM
Beautiful.

Tom007, I do too.  I have two with shotgun scopes and three with red dots. Both have pros and cons.  I like having choices!  Ha.

Amen my friend. I tend to use a red dot gun on rainy days. Easier to keep dry, less fogging chance. Like you said, options are good. Be safe, good luck this spring...
"Solo hunter"