turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Franchi....Trulock .585 and Carlson .575

Started by thundrchikin, February 09, 2021, 04:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundrchikin

I have the Franchi that I have made note of in few other post. It has a 26" barrel I have both the Trulock .585 and the Carlson's .575 choke tubes I have yet to shoot either one. I was just curious as to what to expect from these shooting tss #9s not really looking for high 10" count just nice even hunting pattern.Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks

Gmed

The .575 I have shot in a Jebs. Excellent. I can't speak for the .585 but seems I have read on here people who have and obtained excellent patterns. The .562 Sumtoy does great with 9s. I use either the Sumtoy or a .570 Jebs in my Affinity with the 9s. Either will do  little over 300 at 40 yards in a 10" circle...your gun may be different, but trying things is half the fun....

opie91

I have the same gun and shoot #9's through it. 562 Sumtoy will put up 300+ in the 10'' and around 180-200
in the 20''. Used a carlson's 575 and it was close to the 562 numbers. I ended up getting a 570 Sumtoy and that
is what I hunt with. Either choke you listed should be fine with the 9's.

thundrchikin

Gmed

Mine was with the factory Federal but I am sure the Apex is just as good or better....just more difficult to find this time of year...this pattern was at actually 38 yards....as far as my "backyard range" allows.....with the .562 Sumtoy. I can't find a picture of my .575 pattern but it was on par with the sumtoy

opie91